“If customer service (+ great food) is your thing - THIS PLACE IS A MUST!”
Review of Coriander Leaf

Coriander Leaf
Ranked #79 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coriander Leaf - a well-loved Singaporean name - reopened its flagship restaurant at CHIJMES in June 2015. Expect a new Modern Asian experience with a menu that embodies the region's myriad of flavours paired with brilliant small batch wines from around the world. This latest evolution marks Coriander Leaf's 14th year in the business and celebrates food and wine at its finest.
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I don't usually review unless insanely amazing or horrendous but this place is fab and I will tell you why :)

Service: We have been twice, about 6 months apart and the wonderful Singaporean Indian waiter recognised us the 2nd time, remembered where we sat etc. He is fantastic at his job, so warm and hospitable both times, loves to chat but not too much, make a joke but not too much, offer recommendations, keep checking you're enjoying the food, he really makes you feel welcome. He was great both times we've visited and so was the lovely lady that also served us the 2nd time. Seriously the best service anywhere in SG in this place! (and I've been in SG 7years). Eg, 2nd visit, sat at table, I tell boyfriend to pick whatever he wants from the menu and apologise to waitress that I can't eat, absolute hellish day, I have no appetite at all. She is on my wavelength and suggests we start with some wine and makes a great recommendation - WINNER! Then she empathises with me, but tells me everyone has to eat and I should try.. she asks what my favourite food and flavours are, what they could whip up that I wouldn't be able to refuse.. When in your life has a server ever cared enough about you to ask this? (anywhere in the world - let alone SG famous for awful service..). So the bf orders loads because the food is amaze! She comes back and jokes that I'm now smiling and laughing and she's glad I'm managing to eat some.. What an absolutely lovely person, really warm and sweet.

Food: Fusion mix of Indian and Chinesey flavours.. served in small plates for sharing. Really lovely good, beautifully presented and also really good wine! Price wise it's a little on the high side but I think worth it.

Tips - We went after work on a Friday circa 7pm and it was nice and busy, atmosphere etc. We also wandered up one Sat night around 9pm and it was dead, nobody in there and very quiet so I'd avoid this time in the future, for the price, I'd prefer some atmosphere. Tip for the restaurant - check the toilets are clean! I was raised to judge a restaurant on the areas they let you see, because you don't know what they keep behind the scenes! The window ledges in the bathroom were thick with dust, bits of toilet paper on the floor, quite tired looking.. just not what I'd expect.

The only thing this place is lacking is a nice view really, so I'd recommend a drink after dinner in the gardens below. The church lit at night is beautiful and the location so pretty with fairy lights and live music, really lovely spot for a night cap!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The food was interesting and tasty. The service was erratic. This could have turned into a disappointing evening as not one but two wine choices were unavailable. If particular wines are unavailable then you take them off your wine list. However we were offered complementary glasses of fizz which was acceptable. The puddings were very nice.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

This is defined my favorite restaurant in Singapore. A mix of cuisine from the best countries of the world, from India to Japan by China etc... Very unique! You must try! We have been there many times and we have never been disappointed! Try the momo dumplings, miso cod, coriander salad, prawns salad and of course as a desert the white rabbit ice cream. You will love it. The staff is very attentive to every details and make sure you have a perfect moment in their company. Just love the place!

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Seriously good food. Everything was delicious. Highlights were the crab croquettes and the kingfish. Chocolate lava cake is not to be missed. The service was attentive helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Coriander Leaf was recommended by a friend living in Singapore. As it was our first visit to the country for, we decided to check it out...and sooooooo happy we did. Firstly, the decor is both fun, unusual, and romantic at the same time. Our wonderful waiter "James" truly added to the experience. He was knowledgable and helped us pick the perfect selections. His sense of humor made us feel welcome....and because my husband and I are both "foodies', he showed us their cooking school on site with private rooms. All spotless and well appointed. The menu selection for the class was mouth watering. We wished we had known about this as we definitely would have booked the experience!!... they also have a cookbook. The meal itself was a cornucopia of flavors.... different blends of herbs and spices made each dish unique and quite YUMMY! We ordered the watermelon, mint, pomegranate and cheese salad to start, the signature Frontier chicken ( divine) the sea bass and the delicious Ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Each dish was a discovery and all were wonderful. Service was impeccable and not only will we recommend to friends, but hope to go back one day on a return trip....

1  Thank giorgiovino