“Good food though expensive”
Review of Coriander Leaf

Coriander Leaf
Ranked #75 of 11,290 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coriander Leaf - a well-loved Singaporean name - reopened its flagship restaurant at CHIJMES in June 2015. Expect a new Modern Asian experience with a menu that embodies the region's myriad of flavours paired with brilliant small batch wines from around the world. This latest evolution marks Coriander Leaf's 14th year in the business and celebrates food and wine at its finest.
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Wife and I had dinner with a couple of friends one Friday night. Was pleasantly surprised it wasn't absolutely full. Ordered a variety of dishes recommended by the server and they were generally nice though the frontier chicken stood out. Pricing is probably on the high side for the size of the dishes although the quality can't be faulted.

1  Thank rayt66

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We found it hard to fine this lovely place but are glad we did. The Manager James was brilliant. Food excellent, choices excellent. Seating very good. Would I go back...Yes

1  Thank nurfire
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This is an absolute gem. The food is exceptional and the chef oversees every dish which leaves the kitchen so attention to detail is first class. We had no idea what to order so went totally with Monica's recommendations were perfect. I asked for a bit more spice with one of the dishes and the head chef knocked up a mindblowing sauce. I will be back

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I don't usually review unless insanely amazing or horrendous but this place is fab and I will tell you why :)

Service: We have been twice, about 6 months apart and the wonderful Singaporean Indian waiter recognised us the 2nd time, remembered where we sat etc. He is fantastic at his job, so warm and hospitable both times, loves to chat but not too much, make a joke but not too much, offer recommendations, keep checking you're enjoying the food, he really makes you feel welcome. He was great both times we've visited and so was the lovely lady that also served us the 2nd time. Seriously the best service anywhere in SG in this place! (and I've been in SG 7years). Eg, 2nd visit, sat at table, I tell boyfriend to pick whatever he wants from the menu and apologise to waitress that I can't eat, absolute hellish day, I have no appetite at all. She is on my wavelength and suggests we start with some wine and makes a great recommendation - WINNER! Then she empathises with me, but tells me everyone has to eat and I should try.. she asks what my favourite food and flavours are, what they could whip up that I wouldn't be able to refuse.. When in your life has a server ever cared enough about you to ask this? (anywhere in the world - let alone SG famous for awful service..). So the bf orders loads because the food is amaze! She comes back and jokes that I'm now smiling and laughing and she's glad I'm managing to eat some.. What an absolutely lovely person, really warm and sweet.

Food: Fusion mix of Indian and Chinesey flavours.. served in small plates for sharing. Really lovely good, beautifully presented and also really good wine! Price wise it's a little on the high side but I think worth it.

Tips - We went after work on a Friday circa 7pm and it was nice and busy, atmosphere etc. We also wandered up one Sat night around 9pm and it was dead, nobody in there and very quiet so I'd avoid this time in the future, for the price, I'd prefer some atmosphere. Tip for the restaurant - check the toilets are clean! I was raised to judge a restaurant on the areas they let you see, because you don't know what they keep behind the scenes! The window ledges in the bathroom were thick with dust, bits of toilet paper on the floor, quite tired looking.. just not what I'd expect.

The only thing this place is lacking is a nice view really, so I'd recommend a drink after dinner in the gardens below. The church lit at night is beautiful and the location so pretty with fairy lights and live music, really lovely spot for a night cap!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The food was interesting and tasty. The service was erratic. This could have turned into a disappointing evening as not one but two wine choices were unavailable. If particular wines are unavailable then you take them off your wine list. However we were offered complementary glasses of fizz which was acceptable. The puddings were very nice.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member