“A lot of choices”

Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Singaporean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I thought before that food in Singapore was lack of flavor, and i was mistaken because usually i ate at food court inside a mall. So, on my last trip there i went to different hawker centre everyday. I go to this place taking a bus from orchard road, no need to change bus. The bus can take me directly to the bus stop just next to this place.
I take bus #16 from midpoint orchard opposite of orchardgateway mall.
It was saturday around 6.30 pm but few stalls i already have in mind was not open.
So i have to circling the place to find other stalls. I bought the chicken claypot rice, the stall is quite popular as they even have queuing device which can beep beep when our order is finish. But the food was tasteless which make me have to add more soy sauce and chili to add more flavor but it not helpful at all, and the rice at the bottom of the pot was already dry and hard from the long cooking. I also try laksa noodle which has better taste and it serves hot so i'm satisfied with that.
I also try Lao Ban soya beancurd for dessert, taste okay. And Wang Wang curry puff which I say don't have the kicking curry flavor.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

It offers a lot of food varieties in this massive hawker centre. Good selection of good local food.

Many stores having long queue. I do not recommend this place for social outing. Queue for food, queue for drinks, queue for dessert, no service. Hate the birds around too!

1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 15 April 2017

SO much choice. Love the Wang Wang Crispy Curry Puff here, as well as the oyster omelette, char kway teow and Lao Ban Tau Fa. Too much choice here, oh and the otah is pretty yummy too! Both at lunch and dinner ties, as well as breakfast, this place is absolutely buzzing!!!! Don't miss it - if you do, you're missing out!!!

1  Thank hungrymaomao
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Although this food court is far away from the downtown, you can tried the good food when you see there is long queue, the satay and curry puff are good, the fried noodle is sweet and the seafood inside is fresh and delicious

1  Thank 109alanc
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Used to stay Old Airport Road during my childhood with my family and aunts.

Last Saturday night (8 Apr 2017) took my aunts back to this hawker centre for dinner. A place that brought back lots of memories.

It was 8.05pm on a Saturday night. The hawker centre was packed with people. Mang patrons waited for seats. Queue at most stalls. Place was congested and warm. Got ouf table about 15 minutes wait.

Had these few dishes for dinner. 20 sticks of satay ($12), Rojak ($6), 5 bbq chicken wings ($6.50), 3 popiah ($4.20), cuttlefish kankong ($4).

All food were tasty except cuttlefish kankong. After dinner (about 9pm), the crowd subsided.

Enjoyed this dinner with great company. Will bring them someday again on weekday which will be less congested.