“Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant Singapore”

Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #841 of 12,517 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$25 - US$200
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My colleague brought me here for their buffet lunch... The Sashimi was nice and generally all other items are pretty good... Price about S$50 per pax was quite reasonable.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We opted for the buffet option.
Sashimi was very good, the quality of the fish was superb.
Sushi was somewhat lacking. Rice seemed to be cooked in water only, without any rice vinegar. What on pictures looked like a topping of soya souce foam was de facto mayonnaise (?!?!?). The taste of fat mayo is absolutely overwhelming in sushi. I don't understand why the combo, but it didn't go well together. By the end of the visit i was scraping the sauce off.
Maki might have been good, if not for mayo again.
We also tried the third option, some sort of rolls. Those also were drenched in sauce.
After getting home the mayo made me violently sick. And i only ate 10 pieces.
Staff was super nice and very friendly. The place itself seemed clean and orderly.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The place is not in very good condition. sticky tables crammed in an unattractive setting.
Confusing ordering and not helped by being understaffed.
The food
Sashimi was OK mostly
Sushi was very average
A lot of the cooked dishes were average.
The method is you complete an order form and they bring it... that's the theory, but often they don't bring!!
3 items missing and one bought the wrong thing.
Watch the bill as they added on a extra beer
There are better places than this

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My fiancée and I have been here at least three times, and every visit has been nothing but wonderful. We were always served by a friendly and outgoing lady, Aunty Josephine, who always approached us with a wide smile. She took the initiative to share with us about the dishes and recommended them based on our preferences. She also took the initiative to clear the dishes we were done with before serving our subsequent orders, and strike a conversation with us while we were dining. My last visit there was to celebrate my birthday, and I must say that I truly enjoyed my time there! The sashimi here is really to die for... You are really spoilt for choice with fresh sashimi, and with it being a buffet, $50++ is nothing but worth it! Excellent service, excellent food and value for money - this place is really highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are Japanese restaurant connoisors.

This place is a gem. The only reason is that it's not number one in Singapore is that the owner FILLS the place with locals that don't need TripAdvisor to know about it.

There's all you can eat. Sing 55 per person. Or a la carte.

Either way, the fish is so fresh it's almost like it swam up to your table and then got fileted.

The sashimi -tons of options- are all fantastic.

The cooked food is fantastic.

The steak is wonderful