“Just wasn't for me”

Roost
Ranked #5,000 of 11,573 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: Roost's innovative kitchen and cozy restaurant is focused on Singapore's favourite national dish, Chicken Rice. Delight in the wonderful satisfaction we bring you through our inventive menu of local and Asian delights. Roost is a gathering place for friends and family over meals anytime of the week. See you soon!
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We were shopping in the mall, and we got a little peckish, so we decided to get some food! We decided to come here because the Value lunch menu seemed well very good value.

We walked in, got the menu, and decided to order some noodles. Also the value menu included some kind of a local (i think) drink and we decided to take one hot and two cold.

So. First, the drink. By little brother hated it. He took a sip and then just refused to taste it again. I drank about half of it until I felt like throwing up. My mum really liked it though.

And the noodles. They actually were pretty nice. My mum ordered tom yam soup noodles, me the Singapore something and my brother something else. Since the restaurant used no MSG, the food kind of tasted really bland and flavorless and either really salty or sort of sour.

The staff were the nicest people we've met in Singapore. Literally.

Food-2.5/5
Staff-6/5
Place-4/5

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We were the first to walk in and were greeted very pleasantly. We had the chicken rice along with the laksa.
Expected more flavor from both the dishes. The starters were also ok. The crab dip with bread was quite good.
The laksa just had something missing
The service was good and our meal came pretty fast

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Was at Centrepoint today and looking for a place to have a quick lunch. Ran across "Roost" and decided to try their healthier version of chicken rice. I found the dish pretty good, enjoying the meat, rice and chilli sauce. Was pleasantly surprised, because I don't usually go for chicken rice. Service was good, too. I would recommend the place for a meal.

2  Thank Raphaellimsa
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Tried this place out for dinner after seeing some reviews of it. Tried their chilli crab dip, chicken rice ball, yin and yang chicken rice, white bee hoon noodle and their healthier choice soya sauce chicken.

Overall I would say it's standard chicken rice quality that one could get at most food courts. Their chicken rice ball is a little bit on the hard side and is not very tasty. Their white bee hoon is pretty average. The chilli crab dip was quite good. I found their chicken rice to be ok but their chilli isn't spicy at all.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to try their chicken sushi as they ran out of it.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Had try this new chicken rice located in centrepoint since it is near to my work office. The location is good and easily accessible through underpass from Somerset mrt. The menu offered quite a varieties and good selection of food, especially its special dishes such as chicken sushi and fried chicken rice balls. The waiter and waitress are friendly, food served fast and we have ordered ying yang chicken which is a mixture of both white and soy chicken & tried out the special chicken sushi. The chicken are all very tender and juicy although it is breast meat, however price is on. Higher end and portion is small though, highly recommended to try.

1  Thank Jacky84