We arrived at Footprints hostel around 8:00pm from Changi Airport in Singapore.
The Hostel is excellent value for money, we booked online and got a really great price, so if you do intend to book, see what deals they have online before rocking on up.
The hostel I found to be clean and tidy, it is a little smaller than other hostels I have stayed in regarding the reception and entrance. but didn't find it to be cluttered (only when people leave their bags near the counter)
There is a small lounge with some couches and a TV with an assortment of movies, which is air conditioned, so it is very nice too relax after spending a day in the humid weather.
There are four computers for internet use, However I did find connectivity sometimes sporadic, and the computers themselves may need a look over just to make them run a bit more efficient, however they did the job.
Breakfast was sufficient, several cereals, and an assortment of spreads for the toast, however it can get a little cluttered in the morning when everyone races down for breakfast, so I took mine outside on the porch.
Porch area is right on the main street, with a few seats and tables (there could be a few more as it is quite a popular spot for people to sit back with a cigarette and beer and watch the action on the street)
Rooms are basic, but adequate, We stayed in room 202, which was shared sex room, I didn't have the greatest sleep, but this was due to the humidity, There is an air conditioning unit in the room, and several fans. Make sure you ask other occupants to let them oscillate during the night, so everyone gets some cooler air. Beds themselves are basic, but you get linen and a pillow cover. There are lockers in each room, but they are not large, enough to fit in a day pack, however I had no trouble with anything getting taken.
Bathroom showers are brilliant and great pressure, and they are reasonably cleaned, though It a new coat of paint around the edges would be a nice touch.
To the people who say it is far away from the MRT, are exaggerating, it takes roughly 7-10 minutes walk through Little India to catch the MRT at Little India station, hardly a long hike or anything! Close to convenience stores, alcohol shops, markets, bars, restaurants, ATM, and the general atmosphere of being in "little India"
The staff are brilliant, Vincent is great, as are the two woman who work behind the counter, they are excellent in information and know their stuff!
I recommend this hostel if you want somewhere affordable, and a bed for a few days, and are on a budget, it's close to everything you need, and not far from the public transport systems!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Footprints Backpacker Hostel - a HOME away from home! Looking for comfortable, clean and affordable accommodation in a friendly, cozy and relaxed environment? You have come to the right place. Footprints Backpacker Hostel is conveniently located right smack in the middle of the culturally rich Little India, the centre for Singapore's Indian community. This ethnic quarter is packed with interesting treasures awaiting to be discovered. Retaining much of its authentic charm and distinct identity, this district is not what you would expect of the generally rather ‘sanitized’ Singapore. It is one of the most colourful and exotic places to visit on the island. The streets are dotted with small shops and eateries and if you are a bargain-hunter, cheap-gets are aplenty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Footprints Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footprints Hotel Singapore
- Footprints Hostel Singapore