All reviews little india mrt station mixed room free breakfast bunk beds family room tea coffee minute walk cereal dorm rochor wifi ac computers mustafa receptionist bedding
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We booked 3 nights at the Footprints hostel in Singapore for a family trip in August. Even though we were 5 people, we got a room meant for 6 all to ourselves. The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. Warm vibe from the customers staying at the hostel. clean rooms and bed linen, the bathrooms were kept clean and it was a very comfortable stay considering we had to 50+ yr olds travelling with us. two thumbs up

Room Tip: try to take a room on the first floor. Its quite a challenge if you get the top floor with luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roshni S
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hostel for one night and we loved the place and location. The staff were superbly friendly and the dorms were comfortable (even though I had a top bunk right opposite the AC and pretty much froze at night). The location is also excellent, being right in the middle of little India surrounded by great little indian restaurants.

Breakfast and WIFI were also included. Great place in a massive city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We arrived at Footprints hostel around 8:00pm from Changi Airport in Singapore.

The Hostel is excellent value for money, we booked online and got a really great price, so if you do intend to book, see what deals they have online before rocking on up.

The hostel I found to be clean and tidy, it is a little smaller than other hostels I have stayed in regarding the reception and entrance. but didn't find it to be cluttered (only when people leave their bags near the counter)

There is a small lounge with some couches and a TV with an assortment of movies, which is air conditioned, so it is very nice too relax after spending a day in the humid weather.

There are four computers for internet use, However I did find connectivity sometimes sporadic, and the computers themselves may need a look over just to make them run a bit more efficient, however they did the job.

Breakfast was sufficient, several cereals, and an assortment of spreads for the toast, however it can get a little cluttered in the morning when everyone races down for breakfast, so I took mine outside on the porch.

Porch area is right on the main street, with a few seats and tables (there could be a few more as it is quite a popular spot for people to sit back with a cigarette and beer and watch the action on the street)

Rooms are basic, but adequate, We stayed in room 202, which was shared sex room, I didn't have the greatest sleep, but this was due to the humidity, There is an air conditioning unit in the room, and several fans. Make sure you ask other occupants to let them oscillate during the night, so everyone gets some cooler air. Beds themselves are basic, but you get linen and a pillow cover. There are lockers in each room, but they are not large, enough to fit in a day pack, however I had no trouble with anything getting taken.

Bathroom showers are brilliant and great pressure, and they are reasonably cleaned, though It a new coat of paint around the edges would be a nice touch.

To the people who say it is far away from the MRT, are exaggerating, it takes roughly 7-10 minutes walk through Little India to catch the MRT at Little India station, hardly a long hike or anything! Close to convenience stores, alcohol shops, markets, bars, restaurants, ATM, and the general atmosphere of being in "little India"

The staff are brilliant, Vincent is great, as are the two woman who work behind the counter, they are excellent in information and know their stuff!

I recommend this hostel if you want somewhere affordable, and a bed for a few days, and are on a budget, it's close to everything you need, and not far from the public transport systems!
Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linton C
Reviewed 27 November 2013

location wise too far away from mrt and bus stations. the sheets and facilities are not clean. the sofa smells like cat pee. the bed is too narrow and not comfortable. the breakfast is free...cereals, bread, pb&j. the place is too small and there are a lot of people. luggages are scattered around.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank CjT6
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hostel price is very affordable for our "low budget trip" to Singapore. The bedroom is quite comfortable and what impressed us are the very friendly and fast responses staff named Francis. He is also very helpfull and give me nice advise for our itinerary because this is my first time go to Singapore. The location also nearby MRT station, Bus Stop and the most important is very near with the 24 hours Mustafa Shopping Center. If I have chance to go to Singapore again i def. will stay in Footprints hostel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends