- Super nice staffs that were very helpful (I had to print some documents, they helped me to do that and refused to charge me).
- Great food around the block (if you like Indian food)
- A few blocks away from SimLim Square - the largest electronic mall in Singapore, a must see for computer, electronic, photography enthusiasts.
- Free wifi. Although the signal is a bit weak on the 3rd floor.
- The hostel is conveniently located within walking distance to a few MRT stations. However, to get to the closest station - Little India Station, we had to walk pass a few hectic streets. Also, there is no direct MRT line to the CBD, although Little India Station is only one stop away from the Line 5(red), it's annoying that we had to exchange at Dhoby Ghaut to get onto Line 5 all the time.
- The shared bathrooms at the hostel lacks maintenance and need some reno. If you don't mind rusts on the wall and a mild moldy smell, it's probably not a big problem
- Hostel breakfast is very lacking - Bread+jams
- Lots of stairs without elevator (not a problem is you are traveling light). If you have a lot of luggage, make sure to ask for a room on the 2nd floor to save yourselves from breaking you back.
- The Little India area is not really reflective of the rest of Singapore in terms of standard of living. It doesn't showcase the cleanness that Singapore is known for . However if you want to get a little taste of what it's like to visit India, you've come to the right place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Footprints Backpacker Hostel - a HOME away from home! Looking for comfortable, clean and affordable accommodation in a friendly, cozy and relaxed environment? You have come to the right place. Footprints Backpacker Hostel is conveniently located right smack in the middle of the culturally rich Little India, the centre for Singapore's Indian community. This ethnic quarter is packed with interesting treasures awaiting to be discovered. Retaining much of its authentic charm and distinct identity, this district is not what you would expect of the generally rather ‘sanitized’ Singapore. It is one of the most colourful and exotic places to visit on the island. The streets are dotted with small shops and eateries and if you are a bargain-hunter, cheap-gets are aplenty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Footprints Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footprints Hotel Singapore
- Footprints Hostel Singapore