All reviews little india mrt station mixed room free breakfast bunk beds family room tea coffee minute walk cereal dorm rochor wifi ac computers mustafa receptionist bedding
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at, and I've been all over the world. Don't know why this gets such good reviews.

Front desk is understaffed, the bathrooms are absolutely atrocious with a horrible stench. I actually put off taking a shower for way too long because I didn't want to have to breath in the fumes in the bathroom. Lockers were extremely insecure; in fact two lockers in my room were obviously broken (into). Cannot use your own locks. Staff let in a bunch of people that shouldn't have been there - loud and with little children, running naked through the halls. Oh, and the internet is absolutely horrible - their DNS server was down 50% of the time I was there (was able to bypass using OpenDNS, but most people aren't so lucky).

To top it off, my next-to-last day I walked into a sizeable lizard crawling on the wall of my room. I immediately checked out and found a nearby hotel.

Learned a valuable lesson: When in Southeast Asia, *invest in a hotel* (it's cheap anyways).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank rubiety
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I went to Singapore last August with my family (with young and senior) and stayed at Footprints Hostel for 4 days. It is situated at Little India with about 5-10 minute walk to the MRT station, 5-10 minute walk to Mustafa centre, Bugis street and about 5-minute walk to Sim Lim Square. We took the family room which is good for 5 people and was very satisfied with its coziness considering its price. The room has AC and is clean, comfortable and wide. Even the shared comfort room is OK. Hot and cold showers are there, hair blowers (for ladies) and fans. Complimentary breakfast such as bread with different jams, cereals, milk, coffee and tea are also served from 7AM-10AM. They even have 4 desktop PCs with internet in the lobby that are free to use by its guests. Wide screen TV with sofa are there too and a bulletin with tips about getting around Singapore. Moreover, they also provide tour arrangements/transfers such as going to Singapore zoo, Malaysia, Night Safari and even airport transfer to their guests. Just ask for an arrangement a day or two before your planned trip and it will be all set. The best thing about it, the address is familiar to cab drivers. Since we have a senior with us, we often take the cab and just say 'Dickson Road' and drivers know it already. We really enjoyed our stay. Staffs are great, very helpful and honest. If you are on a budget but still want to feel the convenience of traveling, consider this hostel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

In a great location in Little India, this hostel was nice and clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little small but definitely adequate and while the a/c was good, the in-room wifi went in and out. The shared bathrooms were ok and clean. The shower stalls were decent sized and the water pressure was good. The atmosphere was very nice with a good couch/tv area downstairs, a large eating area, and nicely painted walls with fun décor. The breakfast was very basic with just toast, peanut butter, jam, and cereal. The staff were extremely accommodating and helped us with every question and problem we had. Overall, it seemed a bit pricey and had a backpacker atmosphere but compared to other places in Singapore, you probably won’t find a much better hostel or a much better deal.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Stayed at Footprints for 3 nights in a 6 bed mixed dorm. The room was clean and fresh sheets were given upon check in. The dorm had a fan and a/c which came on between 7pm and 9:30am. The room cost 25 S$ a night.

The common areas were nice and well presented, sometimes a little busy if the hostel is full. There was free wifi and a free 20 mins/ a day on there computers if you didnt have a laptop. There was laundary facilities at S$3 per load.

The staff were friendly and there was always someone on hand to help you out or organise a taxi/trip.

The location is ok, 5 mins from an MRT station into the centre of Singapore or you could walk. There were plenty of restaurants and bars in Little India.

Overall I would recommend this place to all types of visitors to the city.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I stayed here with friends from high school and it was our first time staying in a hostel. it was located near little india mrt station and just a walking distance to Bugis Junction. So in location, this place is great. The room also clean but the sometime i found the bathroom a bit dirty. We got cereal and toast with variety of jams for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends