We stayed at this hostel for 1 night on 18th October, 2010.
We found the place to be clean, quite and comfy for a nights stay.
We got clean bedsheets and blankets. The shared bathrooms - separate for
men and women - were basic but clean.
Location is also close to an MRT (Little India). However, the directions that I got from my hostelworld booking were inadequate and we had a tough time finding the place the first time.
We reached around 10am , while check in time is 2pm. they let us keep our bags in the reception area and use the ground floor bathroom to freshen up. The staff was helpful.
Breakfast was cereals with cold/hot milk, toast, jam, butter and fruits. you had to wash your own dishes after you were done. Free 20 mins of internet on PC daily, free 24 hrs wi-fi, big screen TV.
Reception area is a lil smallish and can get full of bags, but it lends a cozy feel. Breakfast can be had inside or even outside the hotel in the porch area. which on a nice sunny day seemed like a great idea!
Lot of Indian food options closeby, heaven for us vegetarian Indians :-)
A pub or two, in one of the other hostels, is also nearby. Though we hardly had time to explore the area fully.
The interiors are brightly painted, making the hostel look cheerful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Footprints Backpacker Hostel - a HOME away from home! Looking for comfortable, clean and affordable accommodation in a friendly, cozy and relaxed environment? You have come to the right place. Footprints Backpacker Hostel is conveniently located right smack in the middle of the culturally rich Little India, the centre for Singapore's Indian community. This ethnic quarter is packed with interesting treasures awaiting to be discovered. Retaining much of its authentic charm and distinct identity, this district is not what you would expect of the generally rather ‘sanitized’ Singapore. It is one of the most colourful and exotic places to visit on the island. The streets are dotted with small shops and eateries and if you are a bargain-hunter, cheap-gets are aplenty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Footprints Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footprints Hotel Singapore
- Footprints Hostel Singapore