Beds and Dreams Inn @ ChinaTown
Hotel 1929(Singapore)
  • Breakfast included
Naumi Liora(Singapore)
View Hotel
All reviewspeanut buttermrt stationclean dormsbed dormfemale dormclarke quayfree breakfastgreat place to staystayed here for nightswi fismall roomfamily roomhostelchinatownroommates2minstoilet
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I will admit that when we saw the outside of Rucksack Inn on Hong Kong street, we were a little skeptical about what the place would really be like. However we though to ourselves "Well the location is great at least, and we won't even need to spend much time here so it won't matter much if it's not great." But we were wrong with our perceptions, because as soon as you enter the stairwell which will lead you to Rucksack Inn the walls are covered in writing, which were all travellers' comments stating how much they'd enjoyed their time at Rucksack. This gave us a more optimistic idea about what the hostel would be like, and as soon as we entered the facilities, we were not disappointed! Everything is absolutely spick and span, there is free internet, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom facilities are modern and clean. There was no sense of cheapness or 'cutting corners', which is something that we'd partially been expecting after paying such a low price compared to any other accommodation in Singapore!
But seriously, the location is excellent. I returned to Singapore a few weeks later and stayed in Little India but I much preferred my time in Clarke Quay at Rucksack. The MRT is an easy 5 minute walk, Central shopping center is practically across the road, and Boat Quay and Clarke Quay which are buzzing with nightlife are right on your doorstep.
I'm certain that anyone who stays at Rucksack Inn, whether short or long term, will never look back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank matkakucing
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Dont let looks decieve you. Not even the strairs. Once you enter inside Rucksack Inn 1, you will feel welcome in an instant. It's like an extensiion of your own home.
I feel bad I learbed about this place just now. I wasnt aware that there are better places than the ones I (we) used to spend overnight transits in singapore.
My sleep was amazing. Staff were helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: Book online to get the online rates and book in advance as the beds get filled up especially on public holidays and peak season.
4  Thank mervinmer
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The dorm rooms are clean and everyone is very respectul. The common area had a great backpackers atmosphere with modern comfy furniture and several computers with Internet that you can use for free. The staff is helpful and there is also free toast,tea and coffee all day. The location was also close to transit, shopping, restaurants, the waterfront and Chinatown.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank moderatetraveller25
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The location was great. The room was very clean. And they kept the AC running at night so it was cool and dry in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And, yeah, a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar would set you back more than a night's stay at the Rucksack Inn.

The only only inconvenience was that I had a morning flight out of Singapore and had to wake up around 7am. The room is kept pretty dark so it was difficult trying to pack while not waking the others around me. But hey, this comes with the territory of staying in a backpacker's inn.

This is not a place for those who need the privacy that comes with having your own room, but it doesn't try to cater to that crowd. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends backpacker friends!

3  Thank Botayone
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Great location, very near to MRT (Clarke Quay), near to Central (a mall, mostly for eat and dine), near to bus stop with a lot of buses to explore the city and surroundings; to Orchard, Bugis, Funan, City Hall,... you name it! :)
I was staying in Rucksack Inn 2. Very happy staying there although I must have walked quite a lot of stairs to the room :P however, the place was very neat, tidy and full of facilities. TV cable, wifi, towel,... and mostly the toilets. They were clean and looked grand.
I also liked the security system, mostly because I stayed here alone. There would be no strangers could come to the room without the front office noticing. The front door would be closed and could not be opened by the card they gave me after 10pm. You must ring the bell to let them open the door for you.
The guys and the ladies in front office were very helpful and very friendly. Want to enjoy Singapore more practically? Just stay here. You won't regret! :)

Room Tip: If you travel in a group, just choose the dorms. They were great too!
2  Thank gabywhee