Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$178
US$126
US$105
Official Site
US$143
US$125
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$162
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$211
US$189
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$306
US$185
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$119
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Park Avenue Rochester Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$114
US$778
US$543
MarinaBaySands
US$400
US$369
All reviewstemple streetmrt stationbed dormclarke quayair confree breakfaststayed here for nightshostelchinatownroommatestoilet2minsplugindonesiahawker
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We booked two nights in this place at least a month before going to Singapore for Chinese new year, knowing how busy it would be. At the time, they did not want a deposit and assured us the booking was confirmed. I then phoned a couple of weeks before to check that everything was still ok and they reconfirmed the booking. Me and my mum arrived there on Chinese new years eve to discover they had given the booking to someone else, but we could sleep in their storeroom instead, which had no door. We accepted this although we were not very impressed.
We got back there at about 1am that evening when another chap who claimed to be the owner offered to put us up in a hotel at no charge to us the next night as there had been such a big misunderstanding. He told us not to worry and enjoy our time in Singapore- haha!Unitl that point, no one had apologised which was only remedied when i actually pointed this out to them.
A night of no sleep later (noise and light-no door to room, hearing drunk aussies trying to chat the staff up at 4am etc) we were told they still hadn't found anywhere, but they would and they would move our stuff to wherever it was. I phoned them later that morning to get the latest and was told they had booked us a room in our name at a place in the next road and could move our stuff over. So we thought it was all sorted and that we could finally enjoy our few remaining hours in Singapore. We got to the 'hotel' they said they had booked us into at about 6pm to be told there was no booking- you can see a pattern developing here.
The long and the short of it is that we wasted a large proportion of a our time in Singapore dealing with this at the busiest time of year for accomodation and, when it was eventually all sorted, there was the quibble about money. Not only did they expect us to pay $52 (singaporean) for spending a few hours in a store room, but they also expected us to pay the night for the room we didnt have, completely reinventing as they went what had been told by whom and who was actually in charge. if my mum hadn't been there, I would have thought I was going nuts. After all the stress and me agreeing to pay whatever they wanted as my life by then felt too short, they suddenly turned around and said don't worry about it, we could use the money for extra shopping!
It is interesting that only after I told them I would review them on trip advisor that there story changed and they decided to honour what their uncle or whoever it was had agreed with us.
So, there you have it. Having travelled all over Indonesia where you don't expect anything from hostels and lodges apart from a smile (which is always ready and waiting!), I was really expecting alot better from Singapore. If you have only a couple of days there- treat yourself!

• Stayed: February 2010
9  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 28 January 2010

i stayed here for 2 nights and was really happy with choise. friendly and very helpful staff, super clean bathrooms and showers, nice bedrooms, great computers, WI-FI, great location and nice travellers. probably the only thing that is not too great is breakfast but who cares? singapore is so cheap that you get get a lunch for AUD$2.5. loved it here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Travelled with 4 friends here and stayed for 2 nights. Wished we could have stayed longger, though. :)

The place was not that hard to find. We came from Malaysia by train and from the train station took a cab to Hongkong street. We got of at the end of the street and worked out way to the other end (it's a short street) until we found the sign. You have to go up a narrow hallway with stairs to the next floor. The place looked very nice and the hostess very friendly and accommodating. We immediately felt at ease.

One thing, we upgraded our rooms from dorm to room for 4 (the owner told us that a private room is free), but we didn't know that the toilet and bath are still communal. If we had known, we would have stayed in the dorm type and saved quite few bucks. The free breakfast is basic but good. The place is clean with free internet. Very cozy. I slept on the top bunk of the room for 4 and the aircon was pointed straight at me so it was not a very pleasant sleep :(

The location is good since Hongkong Street is very near the train station.

All in all, I would recommend this place and would stay here again when I return to Singapore for more backpacking :)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Clean place. Nice ambiance... good service... cool host... great location...
What else required more??? Trust Me.. Perfect place for backpackers..
Hats off to the rucksck inn for the wonderful service....

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Our room was very nice, we had a private double. There was a scented candle lit when we arrived, which was a nice touch. For some reason, however, there was a bunk bed in there, which made me feel like we were taking up extra space than we should have been.

As all the other comments have said, the staff is really excellent. That part of our stay was great - we should have listened to Shaf (spelling, sorry) and gone to Batam instead of Bintang, Indonesia...if the staff there gives you advice, follow it for your own good!

What bugged me about it was mainly the facilities. First of all, you have to pay to "rent" anything you use, like towels. I've stayed at plenty of other hostels and had always been given towels to use before, so I wasn't expecting that, especially as this was the most expensive place we stayed at, and the other 2 gave us towels! There are 2 showers and 2 toilets, all coed (which didn't bother me, but might if I were a single female traveler). There is also a row of sinks...in the middle of the lobby. Maybe I'm the only one (this didn't bother my husband at all), but I like some privacy while I'm brushing my teeth and washing my face before bed and in the morning.

I did borrow a book (which I didn't have time to finish, unfortunately), but we didn't have a chance to partake of the DVD or video game collections. It was nice to have those things available, though, as we would have used it while waiting for our cab if we hadn't had so much to pack!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple