All reviewstemple streetmrt stationbed dormclarke quayair confree breakfaststayed here for nightshostelchinatownroommatestoiletplugindonesiahawker
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Stayed at Rucksack Inn 2 recently. Great location as it's within walking distance to Clarke Quay (nightlife) and Chinatown (great food + souvenirs). However it's next to a pub, so expect some noise and karaoke during the night. I stayed on the 3rd floor so the impact is minimum.

Towels are provided for private room. The triple room offered is a little small, equipped with WiFi, air-condition and cable TV. The shared bathrooms are really clean, and there's a bathroom for each floor. There's a kitchen where you can make yourself some coffee or tea and bread with jams. I didn't try the bread though cause it's already way exceed expiry date (1 week+). 3 public PCs with internet connection can be found at the common area, with a large TV and mini library.

Overall, the staffs are friendly and helpful, the place is clean and it is one of the great place to stay for budget travelers.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank goch1988
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Excellent service & location, good value. Clean thanks to no shoe policy.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vloepk
Reviewed 25 December 2010

This is the second budget hotel that we have been to in Singapore, the first one was our beloved New 7 Stories hotel in Bugis area, which has been closed due to the development of new MRT line. Too bad! And now I would like to write review on Rucksack Inn which I might say a very recommended budget hostel in Singapore.

Actually I found the name Rucksack when I was gooling, and I was curious on how the hotel would be. I search in hostelworld, it is one of the top ranked customers' budget hotel. But when I would like to book through Hostelworld, the private room was not available. I keep on searching how to contact the hotel by email, and finally I found their cute website www.rucksackinn.com They have two branches, the Rucksack Inn 2 is only three buildings away from the original Rucksack Inn. From the outside, it may look small, but once you get inside, you will feel homy especially in the common area where there is the reception, the kitchen where guest can have their breakfast, the four internet tables, and also the tv room.

The shared bathroom located in every floor, so it's ok eventhough we only get their twin room and has to share the bathroom. The bathroom is quiet big and very clean. But the room is too crampy. We got a bunk bed, and the room only enough for the bed and a little space where you can put your luggage. But the facility is ok, new aircon, lcd tv and also tv cable. So for me the twin room is ok especially for SGD 75/night. They also have dorms (of course), double room and triple room.

They manage to keep the hotel very clean all the time. They also provide shoes storage for every room, as guess is prohibited to have their shoes on entering the hostel. The staffs are very friendly and helpfull.

The best part of this hotel of course its location. It's only 5-10 minutes away from Clarke Quay station and also the Central mall, or if you prefer to take bus, than the bust stop just outside Central mall has so many buses passing by. Just like what we did, we took bus 33 to go to Ikea, Anchor Point, and also the same way to return to this hotel. While to go to Orchard we took bus 124 directly. Every place is so easy to reach, and this is the advantage of staying at Rucksack Inn.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Singapore with spouse or friends. But for family going with children, the room is too small.

The picture will be uploaded in my travel blog: www.tesyas.blogspot.com. Enjoy:)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tesyasblog
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We stayed in Rucksack Inn 2, but visited in 1 too and spaces seem similarly. We slept in a dorm, and it was extremely clean, and so were toilets, showers, kitchen and social facilities too, but there were still backpacker atmosphere, so not steril! Great place to stay if you travel alone. Security was ok, and the staff was so friendly and helpful, if you ask something and they don´t know the answer, they will found it out for you. Metro was 2 min walks away. Free internet and computers!
Air con was working only night time, so if you don´t wake up 8am, it might by quite hot. But nothing bad to say about this place!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My boyfriend and i stayed in a private double.

There were two single beds which were comfy, a bedside table, two bedside lamps, air con and a place to hang clothes.

I am a light sleeper and i slept ok, despite being the toom next to the dorm. We got woken up a couple of times by people coming and going but that was to be expected.

The hostel has shared bathroom facilities, there are 2 toilets and 2 showers, all of which are clean. We had no problems waiting for the showers as we were up around 7 or 8 each day.... and they were always hot!

There is a shared kitchen with micro wave, toaster fridge/freezer... and there is free water/tea/coffee along with toast with butter/jam/peanut butter avaliable all day!!

In the lounge there are sofas, tv, wiis and i think playstations too and free wi fi, along with the use of 3 pcs

We did not use the service but they provide washing and drying of clothes.

The location is fantastic!! Right at clarke quay, and is so easy to get around everywhere on the mrt!!

Would def stay here again

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple