Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I should have known better and looked on TA before getting our travel agent to book..
Good location for my 1 night stay and an early business meeting but,,,
Checkin - slow but hey I can get over that
Room - thrwadbare sheets that you could readthe mattress label through, stains and burns pn thread bare carpets, mould on thh bathroom wall tiles, ceiling and door.
Restaurant - after the cleanliness of the room I played it safe and had a coffee!

Room tip: book somewhere else
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GordonT
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Having read some pretty negative comments on tripadvisor, we weren't expecting too much but in fact the Royal was okay - in fact, better than okay, it was fine. The MRT stop at Newton is a short walk away and from there it's easy to get anywhere. The breakfast was excellent. All in all, a good experience.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicholWilmor
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We book this hotel through agoda, we stayed there for 7 nights spending our holiday vacation, the front desk is very slow and seems not interested with their guest. Upon check in, we thought of their good deeds by upgrading our room from family room to suite but we found out the we were given room 501, very old room, dusty, big spaces yes, furniture are old, curtains are dirty , carpets are retiring, staying there for 1 hour, my kids suffer asthma attacks and allergy already.

we demanded a new room but we were given a room night time already, we transferred to 8th floor, we though everything will be ok, the room is so so ,but still not clean, dusty , and there is a smell which we dont know where coming from, so we stayed there for almost 3 nights but we were wondering why my kids keeps on coughing and having stuffy nose especially whenever the aircondition is turned on.

Again, we discovered that they have transferred us to smoking floor , I did not know why these stupid people transfered me to a smoking room since my primary reason is allergies and dust besides, i have requested first hand that a non smoking room for us, also it is also logical since we have 2 kids around, cant really imagine what they have done.

I demanded again for transfer, they transfered us to non smoking floor, though the room is still the same but a little improvement in the carpets, but the air surrounding the floor and airconditioned is have improve so much than before.

I ask them, why the front desk have transfered us to a smoking room, as usual they cannot provide a straight answer.

Internet acces also is very expensive, you need to buy a wifi card which you can use continously only which i think is not reasonable.

Food is not ok also the breakfast is not good.

One good points here is only the good location but the rest is dissapointing.

Also, i remember that bed covers and bed sheeets have blood stains.

If im going to rate this hotel which 5 is the highest , i think its 2. Hope this review will help other people.

Room tip: check first the room before checking in
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank imax_12
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It's 3 star but cant expect too much with the monies we are paying. I checked in late evening and front desk is very slow and full of foreigner staff. Room are okayed but seriously needs refurbish. Pillows full on stains, they don't even provide bottle drinking water. So be prepare to buy your own, but did not notice lots of convenient staff nearby. Breakfast are as what it should be, western style coffee, eggs station to cater your style. Very convenient .. About 5 minutes walks to MRT Novena station on on the way you can find Burger King for supper is you wish. By the way no free Wifi . Overall it's within expectation over the price we are paying.

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 22 November 2011

It was relatively a mid-range hotel in terms of hotel cost. The interiors need some sprucing up because it is rather loud with too much going on (gold chinese lettering, a loud fountain etc.) The rooms were OK. The lobby area had a funny smell which was probably emitting from the "Rickshaw coffee shop" where a lot of Chinese/Singaporean food was prepared (sesame oil?). We were pleasantly surprised that the breakfast was very tasty although the presentation was mediocre. The parata and pancakes were delicious though the bacon was overdone both days. The best was when they prepared sweet and sour prawns and rice at around 11.30 in the night after a long day of sight seeing. The reception has its moments, with one attendant being very helpful while one or two attendees being too preoccupied or ignoring us until we got their attention. Also one attendant refused to take ownership when we got locked out of the room since we missed the check out time. I had to go back twice to make sure the locking card/key worked since she bungled it up the first time.

Overall, the Rickshaw restaurant was a good start to a day and a quick snack but I recommend eating out like most of the city folk do. I might come back since its SO NEAR to all the MRT stations, buses and just short distances from main attractions which helps in saving money on traveling to spend it on more interesting ventures while in Singapore!

Date of stay: November 2011