Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews orchard road chinese group chinese guests a bit tired the hotel staff little india changi airport mrt taxis shopping kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Excellent value with a Singapore stopover deal. Nice hotel. All the amenities, of the more expensive hotels. Reception excellent, with knowledge for bus(at door) or train(5 mins), to get you around to attractions. A way out, but with transport, not a problem. Beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious. Had all the shampoos, etc. In a quiet area of Singapore

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlene403
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family and i have just returned from a 14 day trip, 7 daysin Phuket fantastic, Then 7 days in Singapore Beautiful...except the Hotel was a Disgrace!
The Hotel Royal at Newton Singapore was disgusting! Not only it is a filthy place, you get NO service what soever, and they try to charge you for extras you didnt have and the room charge twice. Then they get the manager who then speaks rudely to you until you show them your receipts you got at check in.No apology, nothing. It is advertised as a lovely hotel, great for the family...not. Besides the filth in the room (sheets dirty/stained) (bathroom covered in mould) (all air conditioner vents moulding in the rooms and lobby)It has 2 clubs for men only if you know what i mean. I only found this out when we decided to go to the kareoke bar and found it to be a girly bar for men, i wasnt impressed that my children had to see that!
We have travelled to Singapore more than this trip and i advise all travellers to steer clear of this one! You'd be better staying at the cheap Fragrance or Hotel 81 chains! I advised the Hotel myself I would tell everyone i know about there disgusting establishment! BEWARE!!!!

Room tip: Dont stay there for the $1500 we paid we could have stayed somewhere nicer! I would have taken more pics but i wanted to try and enjoy some of my holiday!
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank SharonH580
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Nice hotel for stop over in singapore! nice location close to novena MRT and to orchard Road.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeryK
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at the royal on the Easter weekend 2011. It was the worst hotel experience either of us has ever had (I backpacked around Europe and had better accommodation). The staff were disorganised and not interested. We were also double charged for the stay. The walk to the room was like a trek through a swamp as the ceiling was leaking from the floor above. The room decor was the type you would see in an 80's blue movie. They gave us two single beds rather than the requested double bed (the double was confirmed with us before arrival). Breakfast was like a gladiatorial battle for not just the food, but for a table. The only positive was that the Marriott in KL upgraded us when they heard of our terrible experience.

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Takura C
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After reading past reviews, I was a little worried about staying here. We stayed here with a group and were in town for a sports competition and sightseeing. After checking in, I was surprised that I didn't find any of the negative things that others had mentioned. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable and staff were always happy to assist. Breakfast was included in our booking and had a wonderful selection of eastern an western meals, with very friendly and attentive staff, especially one named Mark. Though we didn't get to eat at the cafe for any other meal, was told be others in the group the the dinner there was very nice. The hotel is very close to everything, with 2 shopping malls and a MRT station within a couple of mins walking distance and the bus stops right out the front. Both my daughter and I had a great time and would defineatly stay there again if we had the chance.

Room tip: Check with the hotel that you do get a non smoking floor, though it was supposed to be our first lot of towels smelt of smoke. Floors from 11 up have a better view.
Date of stay: April 2012