Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews orchard road chinese group chinese guests a bit tired the hotel staff little india changi airport mrt taxis shopping kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Staff friendly. Close to food court at Newton Circus, breakfast was.excellent. But was let down by dirty old hotel, Corridoor smelly with maintenance ongoing but worst of all the room was dirty, tv did not work. Nobody was bothered

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The facility itself is not bad, but the experience with their Staff, and Manager was bad: We booked two rooms for two nights, and when we arrived at the reception we asked if we could extend our stay for one more night, and the experience was as follows:
-I was told that to save money I should use the internet (they would not honor the rate I paid) which was not bad until I had to pay 4 dollars, and spent half an hour trying in vein to book the rooms. The systems shows they had rooms, but would not allow me to reserve.
-I asked for the manager, and told him we are tired, and asked him to help me with the reservation, and he told me I have to call Expedia Customer Service!
-When I finally got tired of arguing with him, I asked him a simple question: Do you have rooms for us or not, and then he had to go inside, and come back to tell me NO!
-He did not offer to help us locate another room in a sister hotel or otherwise, and when my wife suggested we find alternative place altogether he had to remind us that we prepaid our rooms (so we are stuck).
-They had us pay for a third person, although we had prepaid that, until I found my Expedia printout and showed it to him, even then he told me that he will have to check their email from Expedia before he can refund my credit card!
I felt that the Manager made no effort what so ever to help us, and I managed to find a room elsewhere on my own. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Booked in through company. Fairly convenient location however service dreadful . Rooms aged with strong smell of mould . Noisy and on top of all that people tried to enter room twice middle of
Night . Restaurant very basics more akin a canteen

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed in this hotel during the week of lunar new year. Room assigned to us (good for 3) was very nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom has a bathtub/shower and plenty of toiletries. However, there was no free bottled water in the ref. We were surprised that there was an ironing board and flat iron, an umbrella, plenty of clothes hangers, 2 extra pillows and even a shoe brush in the closet. Location was also good, very near the MRT and there is a bus station right in front of the hotel which will take guests to Orchard Road. Taxis are also plenty outside the hotel. The front desk was also very helpful in providing directions. Overall, our stay here was pleasant and maybe we'll stay here again when in Singapore.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed here in mid November during the holidays. Being a group of 7, it was hard to find rooms at a reasonable price but I eventually settled on this hotel. It is not a location I would normally choose, but it turned out to be fine.

Despite arriving at almost midnight, check in took 30 minutes, not sure what was the reason just general faffing about behind the desk. One of the rooms was booked and paid for as a triple. Got to the room and found it was a twin. I went back to the receptionist, who looked perplexed and when I pointed out the reservation confirmation from the hotel agreed it was a mistake and said an extra bed would be provided. That took another 45 minutes. Not really a good start, when you are tired and just want to sleep.

I let that go as it was just probably human error. The rooms were clean, and whilst dated had everything you really need. Unless you are going to stay long term in the room, I don't think you should really have a problem. One of our rooms had a plumbing problem, this was rectified but took a tribe of workmen to sort it out. My complaint about it was acted upon very fast though.

Breakfast whilst included wasn't particularly good. The restaurant is tiny and quite frankly a fiasco in the morning. Despite having several staff at the door they just seem to keep allowing everyone in despite there being no seats, rather than holding them until seats became available. The result was on one morning that I had to eat standing up until a seat became free. As for sitting with your friends, it is not going to happen unless you are queueing before opening time. When I politely mentioned this not as a criticism but observation to the apparent Restaurant Supervisor/Manager his comment was 'oh there is a Chinese group, we can't stop them'. The next day there was no group but still the same problem. Enough said.

The location is in a residential area, about two MRT stops from Orchard. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. Taxis are plentiful and unless raining you shouldn't have to wait long.

Whether I would stay here again remains in the balance. Checking in shouldn't take as long as it did and the breakfast setup needs an overhaul.

Date of stay: November 2012