“Great coffee! Nitro Coffee”

The Coffee Academics
Ranked #118 of 326 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stumbled upon Coffee Academics when I was shopping in Raffles City. I was curious to try an artisan coffee so I ordered the speciality here- the Nitro Coffee brew. In the menu, it was touted as tasting like stout. It didn't disappoint! This was cold coffee and it tasted creamy and bold, unlike most cold coffee with ice which tasted weak. And I didn't even have to add sugar! Probably not encouraged anyway as there was no sugar available at the table. This place was quite quiet and cozy until the adjoining Japanese curry place hosted a bunch of students. I didn't try the food here so I won't comment. The coffee came up to a total of $11.75 which was expensive (I think the Blue Mountain at Coffee Club was slightly more expensive) but it was a totally new experience for me. By the way the barista told me that the beans were "house blend" but mainly arabica beans.
I will certainly pop in again when I'm in City Hall.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Had the deal, SGD12 for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake. The cake is fantastic but cafe is called The Coffee Academics so it is the coffee that is worth a mention. My coffee is really delicious though I am not sure how the okinawa brown sugar has contributed to the smooth texture of the coffee. Proportion of coffee, milk and sugar is good. I will probably opt for a normal cup of coffee next time.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Had soft shell crab pasta while my clients ordered aglio. It was so salty and not tasty. When asked why so salty, we were told it's because of the ingredients used. I looked at what my clients have in their plates, I wondered which item made it salty cos I never tasted any pasta that is extremely salty before. Even the pot of tea was not fragrant. The only good about this place, we had place to sit and chat

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The Smoked Salmon poached egg was very well prepared. Try some of the tzatziki and the rosti. Pizza selection was not bad. Almost everything we tried was pretty good. Coffee selection was also pretty fantastic and had very good service. Be prepared to pay more though.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

What a lovely hidden gem this is. Taken by a colleague for a quick coffee and it was excellent. You can almost imagine you are no longer in a shopping mall. Great coffee and excellent friendly service.