“Best coffee I've ever had!”

The Coffee Academics
Ranked #117 of 326 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We went for a caffeine boost and saw a bunch of menu items that we had never heard of before. The barista was sweet and explained some of these drinks and we decided on an Iced Jawa. I'm not kidding when I say this was the best coffee I'd ever tasted! Everyone must try this place!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

They have few interesting signature coffees
Tried the Manuka honey latte; it was creamy, frothy e with a nice hint of sweetness from Manuka

I found the coffee too cold for my likings, I suppose the milk wasn't steamed long enough

I was also tempted to try the coffee with black pepper and agave

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Met a friend for dinner at coffee academics in Raffles City. Was attracted to the decor and value set dinner. A friend had also just posted photos of this cafe in Hong Kong and it looked good. Most of dinner matched up to expectations. We ordered the egglet to share as the description seemed tempting enough but it really was not worth the money. Will come back for coffee but will remember not to order the dessert.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stumbled upon Coffee Academics when I was shopping in Raffles City. I was curious to try an artisan coffee so I ordered the speciality here- the Nitro Coffee brew. In the menu, it was touted as tasting like stout. It didn't disappoint! This was cold coffee and it tasted creamy and bold, unlike most cold coffee with ice which tasted weak. And I didn't even have to add sugar! Probably not encouraged anyway as there was no sugar available at the table. This place was quite quiet and cozy until the adjoining Japanese curry place hosted a bunch of students. I didn't try the food here so I won't comment. The coffee came up to a total of $11.75 which was expensive (I think the Blue Mountain at Coffee Club was slightly more expensive) but it was a totally new experience for me. By the way the barista told me that the beans were "house blend" but mainly arabica beans.
I will certainly pop in again when I'm in City Hall.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Had the deal, SGD12 for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake. The cake is fantastic but cafe is called The Coffee Academics so it is the coffee that is worth a mention. My coffee is really delicious though I am not sure how the okinawa brown sugar has contributed to the smooth texture of the coffee. Proportion of coffee, milk and sugar is good. I will probably opt for a normal cup of coffee next time.