“Best deal for hotel stay near orchard shopping belts”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stay 1 night at Quincy hotel on 5-Nov-11, never disappoint, have a great time with wife. Checked in at 2pm, was wow by the modern & cosy design of the room, with 42" LED TV (w HBO, MovieStar, CNN, local channels & a host of other), free mini bar w cokes, 7-ups, carlsbery beers, mineral waters, lays chips etc, free wifi, dock for charging apple devices, ironing board, air dryer, branded shampoo, body wash, mouth wash, toothbrush etc... Stay cover all meals (buffet bf, ala carte lunch & dinner), yummy :) Night time after dinner u can relax at the pool sides w music, free flow of liquor, popcorns, chips & movie which screen at 9pm :) Turn down come with free bottle of red wine for guest, a plus factor :) Staffs are friendly & helpful :) Hotel is located at a quiet area & away from the noisy, busy street of orchard road, and also only a 5min walk to paragon shopping mall at orchard road. For a promo price of $374 nett per night is really worth the value esp hotel is near orchard shopping belt. Sure will return for weekend stay, thumb-up :)

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Panda9830
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Panda9830,

ThanQ for sharing your weekend experience! We are so glad that you had a Qool one!

It is very heartwarming to receive compliments, especially from guests like you who only stayed for a night. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of Quincy --- from the facilities, service, location, to the very popular weekend activities.

I would also like to take this opportunity to rate the cupcakes you made during the baking class. Hmmm… Quite creative and colorful so I give it a 9/10… And a perfect score when you join us again next time. :)

Please do come back for another staycation… We have a new activity you might enjoy… ;)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a backdated review. My friend and I checked into Quincy on 22 October 2011 for the weekend.

Firstly, the day before the check-in, my friend who made the booking received a call from the hotel asking if we are interested in the Baking Class. Although we did not join the class, we were thankful for the effort made by the hotel staff to verify before we check in.

Upon checking in, we were told to wait for our room in the restaurant and take our lunch because they needed to verify which room was the twin room. We were rather puzzled due to this, and finally asked them about it, when the front desk staff very candidly told us that the twin beds used to be together, serving as a King bed, and now Housekeeping will be pulling them apart while we have our lunch. We were rather amused by it. (But let me assure you... the beds were gloriously comfortable.)

That evening, when we were having our dinner, the staff of the hotel appeared with a Tiramisu cake to wish my friend "Happy Birthday". Apparently when they updated our particulars into their system, they noticed that my friend's birthday was the day before and surprised my friend with a birthday cake and a personalised birthday card! For the past few years, we have been celebrating birthdays with staycations and this was the only hotel which did something like that without being prompted. Thank You to Quincy Hotel for making my friend's birthday weekend memorable!

The room was well equipped, cozy with the complimentary mini-bar, the wi-fi (so many hotels in Singapore do not have that!). The bed was comfortable, and they allowed for late check out. The food at the restaurant was good too!

I have stayed in many hotels, even hotels such as St. Regis and Hotel Fort Canning. I have to say that Quincy Hotel was the best staycation I ever had with my friends and I will sincerely recommend it to people. I may be back for my next staycation too! Thank you for the lovely stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DaynaLee80
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Hello DaynaLee80,

ThanQ for remembering to share your Q experience and for recommending us to your friends.

I apologize for the delay you experienced upon check-in due to the high occupancy we experienced the night before where we had to accommodate a lot of requests for king beds. I appreciate your understanding and am pleased that my team handled the situation quite well by offering you lunch while waiting. Glad that the wait was worth it after having experienced our comfortable bed…

We are delighted that you and your friend chose Quincy to celebrate your special occasion and that you enjoyed the simple yet sweet surprise from the team.

We look forward to seeing you back for more memorable staycations… The Quincy team can't wait to surprise you again :)

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Rooms are very well designed, free minibar, there are baking classes every saturday that you can attend (and you get to bring back the cupcakes you baked too!). This hotel is great if you are looking to laze the day away in the hotel.

If there is something that can be improved, that would be the breakfast buffet- variety is so-so, but they would do well to have an eggs or waffles station!

Room Tip: Deluxe studio rooms comes with a nespresso machine and are more spacious
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Hi wai005!

Thank you for staying with us last weekend.

The Quincy team is thrilled that you had such great fun with our baking class, as did all of our guests who have had the opportunity to participate. Our Qool Weekend promotion is now such a big hit and more and more guests look forward to the baking class every Saturday, as much as the yoga and movie night! Isn’t it a perfect way to de-stress and relax after a long workweek? Glad that you also enjoyed your room and amenities.

I appreciate you pointing out some aspects that we can improve on for breakfast. Although we don’t have an egg station in the buffet area, our chef does cater to special requests. I will ensure that the restaurant staff proactively informs guests about this. As for the waffle station, that’s a good idea… We shall look into this to enhance the breakfast experience.

Many thanks again for your feedback and I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

After using tripadvisor for several years now, all it took was Quincy Hotels perfect reaction to a lousy a situation to take this hotel from a solid good to a great ..

Was staying in room 303 and woke up after an afternoon nap to a mini flood in my toilet. Called down to the reception and the receptionist; Claudette/Claudine - i need to confirm her name - switched me to a new room without hesitating. I didnt even need to ask for a switch. Two mns later she personally delivered the new keys with an apology. Furthermore, she knew that my brother had checked out earlier in the day and consequently took the initiative to put me in a king size bed as opposed to a twin room without my even requesting it. That was what i appreciated more than anything.

So i walked into my room later that night only to find a personalised letter apologising for the 'mini swimming pool' in my room - not to mention the personalised Molton Brown giftbag with several toiletries (that werent even offered as a standard in the room).

Overall, the hotel is very well located, has free internet (a big deal in a world in which established five star brands dont), a few free bears and at least seven free bottles of water per room!

Had i selected a St. Regis, Four Seasons or Shangri-La - i wouldve paid at least S$400. The Quincy stood at about S$280/night and while it had several kinks (bar isnt open late night, free drinks at the bar btw 2-8pm didnt extend to my friend who was hanging with us --> even though we were two guests in the bedroom the first night) i would definitely say this hotel is excellent value for money ..

Again - great customer service, excellent value for money .. its not the Four Seasons, but then again i wasnt paying Four Seasons prices!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Hello tsawaf!

ThanQ very much for taking the time to share your Q experience and for writing a wonderful review despite the unfortunate incident that happened the day before your departure.

First of all, I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. However, I am pleased to know that Claudine handled the situation quite well by immediately running to your rescue and anticipating your needs… And thanks to our helpful and very reliable Engineering and Housekeeping teams, room 303 is back in tip top condition. :)

At Quincy, we aim to make each guest’s stay a memorable one. Simple gestures like making personalized tokens is just one of the many things we do to show that we care and it is heartwarming when guests are delighted with these surprises. It makes it even more rewarding when guests keep coming back and recommending us to their family and friends.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have just returned after a 2 night stay at the Quincy. It really does deserve an "excellent" rating. From the time I booked off the hotel website the staff were incredibly responsive. We had a twin and a double room placed next to each other as we had requested. We liked the minimalist style and up to date electronic gadgetry and the shower was excellent. If there was only one thing we could have done with in the rooms it would have been more storage space. Nonetheless, the bed was very comfortable indeed, the hotel quiet despite its location (very convenient to Orchard Road shops and MRT) and the free minibar a great idea. We enjoyed the gym and the groovy swimming pool on the 12th floor (the temperature of the pool was cool which is just what you need in humid Singapore). The waiting staff in the restaurant were great and the drinks at cocktail hour and the wine during dinner, were free flowing. We ate breakfast and also dinner at the hotel both nights. The menu changed between nights and there were daily specials as well. The selection is predominantly western with a strong pasta bias but there was also fish and steak on the menu. The starter was soup and bread and there was a different dessert each night or alternatively a help yourself soft serve icecream or fruit salad. I agree with all of the positive comments about this place. As we arrived in Singapore from Indonesia, the hotel was happy to arrange for our free pick up service to come from Terah Manah ferry wharf rather than Changi.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank UKaussie

Hi UKaussie,

I thank you for reinforcing the positive comments given by majority of our guests and for believing that Quincy ‘really does deserve an “excellent” rating’. This is definitely music to our ears!

Apart from the limited storage space in the room, I am pleased that everything else was to your satisfaction, including the pick-up service from the ferry terminal.

As always, the Quincy team will seize every opportunity to go the extra mile to delight and provide the best service to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit!