The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
US$290
US$214
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$153
Official Site
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$129
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$138
US$102
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$114
MarinaBaySands
US$104
US$83
3,121 results
All reviewsorchard roadall inclusive packageqool weekendfree mini barlight refreshmentsfree laundryper daysauna and steam roomboutique hotelairport pickfree flowevening cocktailslaundry serviceswimming poolrain showerlate checkmobile phone
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This review is a bit late, but I guess it's better late then never. I booked the all-in weekend package for our wedding anniversary and had indicated it to the staff so that they could arrange something special for us. However, the information seemed lost in translation as the receptionist didn't even have a clue. We did get a cake in the end of our visit though, but it would be even better and more memorable if it was in the beginning.

We arrived slightly before 2pm, but apparently our room was not ready. We then had to wait for a good 45 minutes. The receptionists didn't even notice that we were waiting and I had to approach them again to get our room. The guy who attended to us the first time was away but he didn't inform the rests about us. All the while we were waiting right in front of them! When I pointed out the delay and requested for later check out time, she was unhappy. What a service!

The hotel itself was great. The package was excellent. All the 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) were included and they were good. The minibar was free and there was a Nespresso machine in the room! The cupcake baking class was enjoyable.

All in all it's a good hotel. However, this hotel is more suitable for business trip or couples. Not so suitable for kids as they were not many things to do for them. I believe they could improve their service and it would be an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank galaxyraider
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hello galaxyraider!

Many thanks for sharing your review from your stay 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay upon check-in and in the delivery of your cake. I offer no excuses but want to assure you that these are isolated cases that I have addressed with the team. We value your feedback and this will certainly give us an opportunity to look at areas where we can improve. Nevertheless, I am pleased that remaining aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction.

I hope this experience will not deter you from spending more weekends with us. Please e-mail me at kristinerefuerzo@quincy.com.sg so I can personally handle your reservation.

The Q Team looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Quincy hotel for 3 nights at the start of our trip to the Far East. The hotel provides excellent service and value with the all inclusive package. The location is handy for shopping on Orchard Road, the MRT stations are also close for further afield. Rooms were a good size, comfortable and clean. Would certainly stay at the Quincy again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RobbieJ0106

Hi RobbieJ0106,

Love your brief and sweet review… :-)

The team hopes that you had an enjoyable trip in the Far East, as started off with an excellent experience at Quincy.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday break!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions recently. Although you can book cheaper hotels nearby the additional benefits you get with this hotel makes it worth paying the extra cash. You will be collected from the airport at no additional cost (someone waiting for you in arrivals - great!) and taken direct to the hotel. The taxi is not included to get back - don't book via the hotel (very expensive). Instead walk outside and you will find one at half the cost (about UK £15 to the airport). The hotel is in a great location - short walk to Orchard road and the shops and metro. It is a very modern hotel with very helpful staff. All meals are included and the quality is good. Free alcoholic drinks between 6pm and 8pm (with meal) and there is a free mini bar. There was a problem with our room on our first visit and we were put in the sister hotel next door. Although disappointed the staff more than compensated us by giving us the suite, a late check out and free taxi back to the airport. The swimming pool is lovely and there are good views of the skyline. Free soft drinks, towels, gym etc. Our return flight on the second occassion was late at night. Fortunately we were able to use all the facilities of the hotel, including showers, changing rooms etc. All our requests were met with positive smile! no problems here...The rooms are of a high standard with all the mod cons you would expect in a top end hotel. Overall an excellent hotel and I would definately stay here again. I recommend it to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PaulCathyTheLakes

Hello PaulCathyTheLakes!

ThanQ very much for choosing to stay at Quincy and for sharing your excellent feedback.

I am pleased that the staff looked after your needs and that you had an enjoyable experience overall.

Once again, I appreciate your heartwarming compliments and kind gesture of recommending us to others.

The team from the “top hotel in Singapore” hopes to see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on a Business trip after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.I had booked directly on the Hotel website and this stay was more to experience the unique new concept of "All Inclusive". I have to admit that this experience was in one word 'Awesome'.Let me start from the beginning:
Reached Singapore in the morning by Singapore Airlines at 07.30 am (half an hour before schedule). Breezed through Immigration and Customs ( I had 2 packet of Cigarettes with me and hence went to the Red Channel with intent to declare and pay duty, if required). However, the officer just waved me on through the Green Channel even while I was showing him the packets. Good start to the day. At the exit there was this gentleman standing with my name on a Board and in a short while we were on our way in the Mercedes (Complimentary Limousine Pick up arranged by the Hotel) and reached the Quincy in 30 minutes at 8.45 am. The nice little Front Office girl Alicia checked me in and explained to me the policy of early check in for which you had to pay SGD 20/- per hour (they had mentioned this in the mail in response to my query so no surprises there). She offered to store my luggage and requested me to come back at 12.00(Official check in time is 14.00 hours). Walked to the MRT station Orchard Road ( walk took 10 mins. to Paragon on Orchard Road and another 5 mins. to the MRT). Went to Mohd. Moustafa on Farrer Park for some shopping of Toiletries and Chocolates(only place open 24 hours and prices the cheapest in Singapore). Returned at 12 and Room was ready. However, since I did not want a Room on the 11th Floor due to the reported noise of the Swimming Pool pumps mentioned by a Trip Advisor member so she suggested I have lunch in the meantime while some other Rooms get vacated. Had a lovely lunch of Seafood Fried Rice and then soft serve vanilla ice cream with Chocolate Sauce and was in my Room 1003 on the 10th Floor by 13.00 hours.
Rooms : The Rooms are not too large but cleverly designed with lots of Glass to make it look much bigger. Very comfortable King Bed and huge Bathroom with those lovely Molten Brown Toiletries(shampoo,soap,body lotion,shower and bath gel), shaving kit, Toothbrush,comb, cotton buds set Huge French Window with a lovely view of Buildings around with electronically operated curtains to black out the light completely. Complimentary 3/4 bottles of Water ( no hassles of puchasing water and lugging it from the Grocery to your Room) which is replenished daily as are the toiletries and Mini Bar items(Lays, Beer,soft drinks,cup noodles etc.) and coffee/tea/sugar sachets. Hair Dryer, shoe polish, bedroom slippers, Dressing Robe and safe all in the Room. A long working desk and Chair with free internet and multiple plug options are all there in the room.Tell me what else do you require in a Room. Only they could do with some more storage like drawers and a luggage rack .
Food: They have a breakfast Buffet from 07.30 to 10.30 am with a variety of dishes which include juices,cereals,croissants/bread,egg options(if you do not like the one on the buffet they can make your choice for you),hash brown,sausages,bacon,baked beans,one local dish like Rice or noodles and excellent coffee from the machine.The breakfast is both varied and adequate. The cafe where all the food is served is an extension of the Reception Area and kept absolutely clean all the time.
Lunch is from 11.30 to 14.30 and consists of a set menu with several options of Continental, local(Fried Rice or Fried Noodles),some buger/hot dog options and some pasta etc. The choice is quite good, portions generous and the food tasty.Then for dessert you can help yourself to soft serve vanilla icecream with a choice of Chocolate or Strawberry Sauce.Also soft drink,juices and coffee are freely available.
Happy Hours are from 18.00 to 20.00 where you can have your drinks (wine, beer, spirits etc. - house brand only) free and please note that the do not scrimp on the drinks and no sooner you are nearing the end of your drink there is a waiter who politely asks you whether you need another one. Great service all around.
Dinner is from 18.00 to 22.00 hours and they have here a soup of the day and dessert of the day and at least 10 options of various dishes - Continental (Grilled Steak,Pan Fried or grilled fish or Chicken,some pastas,risottos and local dishes like nasi goreng,noodles,rice etc. and also 2 items of Special Dishes for the Day. The menu changes everyday but I suooose if you stay for a long period there is bound to be some repetetion.Not Gourmet food but extremely well presented, tasty and generous portions. The dessert while I was there were Tiramisu and another day Chocolate balls or Chocolate Profit Rolls. Yummy.
Service: Top notch with smiling people all around and they make you feel at Home both at the Reception and in the Cafe.Alicia the girl at the front office even printed my boarding pass and called a taxi for me.
Location: It is around 10 mins leisurely walk to the Orchard Road. Returning back is a gradual incline but nothing much unless you have small children or mobility issues. I thought it very good exercise after all that food . In any case you can always take a taxi which is extremely cheap in Singapore.
To sum up this would be an experience of a lifetime and wish more Hotels should introduce this concept or at least a half board concept since most people are away for lunch.If you are in Singapore for a gastomanical experience and wish to move around all over Singapore in search of that perfect meal and to sample all the local dishes then this Hotel is not for you. However, if you have already done the food street experience once and are on a repeat visit to Singapore and would like to relax and enjoy a couple of drinks and some good quality food and experience the All Inclusive concept at a very competetive price and VFM then look no further than Quincy. Kudos to the Quincy team for making the Hotel stay a very satisfying and Comfortable Experience

Room Tip: Please go for higher floor Rooms. Awesome view. They have 3 elevators and they are not slow as one member had mentioned.You will enjoy the views
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank subchat

Hi subchat,

Many thanks for your very detailed account of your stay and your wonderful compliments! :-)

The team, especially Alicia, is so pleased that you had an “awesome experience of a lifetime” at Quincy.

We do hope to see you again on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had a very nice 5 night stay at The Quincy. The room was compact, but not too small, with a modern/contemporary decor. Important things: the bed was very comfortable, slept great from day one; and the shower had great water pressure with a choice of hand held or rain shower head. No waiting for hot water either. Nice bed linens, thick towels and Moulton Brown bath products. Only downside to the room was there was no plug in the bathroom for the provided hair dryer so it had to be used in the room and the plug was not by a mirror. Overall though, not a big deal since everything else was so great. The breakfast had many choices of hot and cold items; and the dinners were very good... especially the pastas, many of them handmade! When I commented to the waiter on how excellent the pasta dishes were he told me that the head chef was Italian. After running around Singapore all day, it was very relaxing to be able to have a nice dinner with wine at the hotel... although the dining room setting was very casual and not fancy, the food was great and the menu varied each night. The pool area was nice, with a few chaises and a couch/sitting area set up, but the pool water was very cold, so we did not use it. It was a nice view though from the 12th floor pool deck. The airport pick up was very convenient, and our taxi back to the airport at the end of our visit was only 18SD. Our flight in was 6 a.m., and although we weren't able to check in that early (well, we could have paid extra, but we wanted to start exploring Singapore), they had some shower rooms that we were able to freshen up in, they kept our bags for us and we were able to check in early, just after lunch, with no extra charge. The staff was very nice and helpful when we needed directions and also made dinner reservations for us one night. We highly recommend The Quincy and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank 50waystogo
QuincySingapore, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hi There,

The Quincy team is very happy that you gave perfect scores in all aspects of your stay!
It is always nice to receive compliments about our rooms, concept, and most especially the efficient, warm and friendly service extended by all the team members.

We will do our utmost to be consistent with our standards so you can expect another superb stay.

ThanQ for loving Q…