“five star not four”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is a truly great hotel. Staff are great food is great, location is great. I travel to all parts of the world five or six times a year and always stay in four or five star hotels, although this is rated a four star hotel I have stayed in many five star hotels that are not up to the Quincy standard. This boutique hotel has got the edge over the others by being generous in offering guests little extras at no cost. It is refreshing to stay in a hotel that is not trying to screw you at every turn. I will definately stay here when I travel to Singapore in the future

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank tom868
Ng K, General Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hi tom868,

It is a Great review from you for Quincy. I would like to express my gratitude to you for rating our service 5 star and it definitely motivate us to carry on what we doing.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and my team and myself hope to see you again at Quincy.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

First time in Singapore and chose to stay at the Quincy given the reviews here on Trip Advisor. We booked through Agoda which had the best price we could find. Although we made the mistake of choosing a rate that was for only one person – not two – so we were charged extra at the hotel. My thoughts:

1) Liked the style – trendy and modern but not as brash as the W. Their aim seems to be business travelers so since we were there on the weekend the hotel was pretty empty.
2) Good central location – just a few blocks away from Orchard Road and MRT stops.
3) Two types of rooms – Standard and Deluxe. We went with the deluxe room which, while typical dense city small, was very nice.
4) While you can opt out, most of their packages are all-inclusive. I was a little skeptical of this given all the food options in Singapore, but was pleasantly surprised that they had great breakfast and dinner options (we never did lunch). Breakfast is a large buffet. Dinner offers quite a few menu options from steaks to seafood to pasta. Also they have free happy hour from 6-8pm which saved us a ton of money since cocktails are not so cheap in Singapore.
5) Included in most packages is a pickup from the airport which was very nice to have after travelling for 20 hours.
6) Also included are bottles of water and free mini-bar. Not a huge selection in the mini bar but the water was really nice to have to take with us when we went exploring the city.
7) Very nice and helpful staff.
8) The pool – what can you say – it’s pretty amazing! And according to the bartender, pretty much always empty given the hotel’s business crowd. You can also bring your own beer/drinks to the pool since there is no bar up there.

Gripes:
None – would definitely stay at the Quincy again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ng K, General Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear deckermj,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. I’m glad that you had a great stay with us and was pleased in many ways-from the hotel location, our room to the pool. We are delighted that we had made your first visit in Singapore a wonderful one.

Hope it won’t be long till we see you here back soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel in may 2011 as a single traveller for 4 nights. It was a wonderful stay! I loved everything about the hotel:
- the location: 5 min by walk from Orchard St,
- the Pool!! During my stay it was like a private pool just for myself, located at the 12th level: magic!
- the room: spacious, comfy, modern, clean, with all the amenities and mini bar included!!
- the staff: kind and helpfull
-all the meal included (very good and tasty) and 2 pieces of laundry each day!

So I had a wonderful stay in Singapore!
I highly recommend it!!!
And a very good value.

• Stayed: October 2011

Hi Neda M,

Great to see you back at Quincy! Thank you for your concise and lovely review! I’m glad that everything at Quincy is perfect for you. We definitely welcome you back here anytime!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

First time to Singapre. The city is good, and the hotel I stayed, also is good.

- Staff keep smile all the time. Friendly, courteous and helpful all the time. After checked in, the staff (Lee) clearly explained the facilities and the room. Even when we check out, front desk staff was keep asking me if assistance require (such as luggage storage, taxi, etc.).
- Room was clean and tidy. When we came back the room after the whole day visiting, we found the room had been cleaned properly. Thanks for housekeeping staff.
- The room itself - not small, and well equipped. All facilities were functioned properly.
- The food. Yes, there are lots of good places to eat around Singapore. But, the breakfast provided by the hotel is satisfactory, and at least above my expectation.
- The location. Yes, we needed to walk up the slope from Orchard Rd. to Quincy, but it is OK (exercise after eating lots of food!).

Next time to Singapore ... ... The Quincy is my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank chowcck

Dear chowcck,

It is so rewarding to once again read another perfect scores review !

I am glad that Lee and the housekeeping team had took care of your needs during your stay. I am pretty sure you love it all here in Quincy.

ThanQ you for your GREAT compliments and also making us your first choice hotel for your next visit to Singapore. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

After staying here I realised that I don't like a hotel that is all inclusive. Some of the aspects were great. I like the complimentary laundry and mini bar. However with the meals having Lunch and dinner included was a bit weird. It made me feel like I was at a school camp. Lunch and dinner are not buffets it is al a carte and the food was of a very low standard. I stayed for about five days but besides breakfast only ate in the restaurant twice. Once was for lunch that was a poor noodle dish and the second was once for dinner that was overcooked sloppy pasta with a disgusting creamy sauce. The breakfast was ok at best. Singapore is probably one of the best cities in the world to eat which made me feel sorry for the people eating in the hotel. My only other gripe was with the gym as there was little or no air conditioning. Not good for Singapore.

The hotel tries to be cool but it simply tries way too hard the welcome note is hilariously bad and cringe worthy.

The positives, well the hotel is in a good location a short walk from Orchard Road. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is very modern as would be expected in Singapore and the room albeit a touch small have everything you would ever need and I can see why people would love it. If the hotel was in Paris I would totally love it too but I feel that there are better options in Singapore where the standards are higher.

Overall Nice, Modern, Clean and well priced....but skip the restaurant for lunch and dinner and go and eat out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business