“Awesome Staycation at Quincy!”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I now understand why people go on staycations... thanks to Quincy.

After a recent overnight stay at Quincy, I now know why it's popular to a lot of people and why it's been bagging awards left and right.

Location:
Quincy is tucked in a quiet neighborhood just behind Orchard. It's a very short ten-minute walk (or less) to Paragon, Mandarin Gallery, Takashimaya, and so on. What is awesome about the location is that after you go shopping (or walking) the entire day at Orchard Road, you can quickly escape the maddening crowd and head back to the peaceful comfort of your hotel room. The fact that you dun have to take the train or the bus to get back to your cozy room is one more reason why the location of Quincy is just perfect.

The Lobby, The Restau/Café:
Quincy has a small lobby that is directly connected to the hotel restaurant/cafe. What I love about the lobby is that never did it become very crowded. Because the hotel only has a certain number of rooms, both the check-in and checkout were a breeze. It's definitely soooo much better than the check-in at other hotels. I remember the check-in experience of a friend at this one giant luxury hotel where he had to queue (!!!) for almost thirty minutes (!!!) . Seriously, if you're paying a few hundred dollars for a hotel stay, do you really want to go through a loooong queue just to check in?!?!

The restau had limited seats. During dinner, we were both wondering whether the restau would be able to seat all the guests if everyone arrived for the meals at the same time. We were lucky to quickly get a table because we arrived early. During breakfast, we had to wait a few minutes before we got a table. It was not a problem though because the waiting time was very short. We actually did not see any of the guests complaining. Here's the reason how I think the whole thing works. Since the restau is small, although nicely done, you wouldn't really want to stay and hang out at the area. You would just enjoy your meal and afterwards, either go back to your wonderful room or head out of the hotel to do whatever it is you have planned for the day or the evening.

The food, I must say, is also good and enjoyable. I liked every meal that I had. In addition to your mains, you can help yourself to a soup or salad, desserts, and free flowing drinks. The breakfast was buffet. Though there’s a limited choice, I must say that there is still something for everyone. I must also mention that they serve Dean & Deluca bread, jam and fruit preserves. Nice,ey?!

The Room:
I'm not sure what type of room we got because I wasn't the one who booked the room. I have no complaints about it though. The bed and pillows were very comfy. I say that because it was one of the very rare occasions that I just want to stay in bed under the sheets and with the fluffy pillows for hours and hours. Haha! I also love that everything in the mini-bar is free. You'll find bottled water, soda and iced tea, chips. I love that there is an iron in the room. For someone who cannot leave the house without pressing his clothes, an iron in the hotel room is a big thing. I love the bath products - Molton Brown.

Other amenities/services:
The hotel has a small gym with the basic machines and a few treadmills. There is also a swimming pool, in case you want to take a dip. There are informal baking classes and movie night every Saturday. You'd have to register for the baking class. It was very easy and quite fun. There are two Mac units with good Internet connection at the lobby, which guests can use.

Most of all, the hotel staff are all very pleasant. From the concierge to the restau wait staff, they always had a smile on their faces and they were quite attentive to the needs of the guests.

So those are my thoughts basically. Bottomline. If you’re planning to go on a staycation, Quincy is definitely a good choice for a hotel.

I know I would definitely want to go back for more staycations.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank clayman79

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stay this hotel for a night, very relaxing and comfortable room.
The stylish design of the room make us feels like home.

Receptionist is very helpful and friendly

Walking distance to Paragon , Orchard area. Very convenient

will definitely recommend to my friends and come back and stay again

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I enjoy the Quincy Hotel. The limo pick up from the airport is efficient and easy. The rooms are small but trendy. The full board meal deal is excellent and the pool and gym area fantastic.

You simply can't beat the location, just behind Orchard Road and a 5-10 minute walk to the Orchard MRT. Another terrific stay at the Quincy; give it a try.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room than the standard studio; the extra space makes all the difference.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Ng K, General Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear MarkLaurence,
Qool team appreciate your review and support.
We are glad you enjoyed your every visit and all of us look
forward to welcoming you again and again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed at the Quincy for five nights and it turned out a very good choice. The hotel is in a great location just a short stroll from the top end of the Orchard Road shopping strip. ( although Singapore is by no means cheap shopping these days ). A five minute walk to the SMRT and you can be anywhere in no time at all.
The hotel is of an edgy contemporary design and it works very well possibly pitching itself more at the business traveler and yet it suited my wife and I very well. We were in Singapore to catch up with some friends and explore the sights. Rooms are comfortable without being huge, very well cleaned and serviced. WiFi is easy, fast and free throughout the hotel. Flatscreen TV is digital and of a good size.The fitness gym/pool on the 12th floor is well appointed and I appreciated the gentle hills and flats for a morning run.
Breakfasts (served buffet style in the dining area) were very nice with a good range of Asian and European choices. Amongst the best breakfasts I have had anywhere.
Staff are very eager to please especially Sidney (sorry if I miss spelled) and the breakfast guys.
One curious thing in this very pristine modern hotel was that the room curtains look as though someone had sliced them with a razor! Very strange in an otherwise perfect room, but I did say this hotel was quirky! Certainly nothing to complain about but just a touch unusual.
Overall a very good hotel with a top class breakfast, comfortable and clean. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area and a quiet hotel so I think all the rooms would be similarly good. We were on th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wayne W
Ng K, General Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear OnTheRoadAgain...
Thank you for choosing Quincy. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay
with us. Q team look forward to welcoming you for another enjoyable experience soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

The hotel was everything you want while on holiday. Service was great and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful. Location was perfect,just a short walk to Orchard Road. The room was modern and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W

Dear JohnW,
Thank you for your review. It is great to learn that you enjoyed our Qool experience.
Qool team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Quincy for another
fantastic stay soon.