“Cosy stay, friendly staff, value for money and excellent amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #5 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy stay, friendly staff, value for money and excellent amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked for a staycation at The Quincy Hotel for my 21st birthday celebration and Valentine's Day celebration with my boyfriend. I wrote in a request to The Q Team (Central Reservation, Duty Manager) to request for a late check out and higher floor room for the special occasion, but was replied with the requests are subjected to availability. I was pleased when Ms Freida Ng, the guest service executive, send an email informing me about my stay two days prior to my arrival (great service from the Q Team), and said that my requests would be prioritise but still it is subjected to availability. Hence, I had an expectation on The Quincy Hotel to actually grant me a late check out since they stated my booking was prioritised but on the day of arrival I couldn't get a complimentary late check out, only the room to be on the highest floor, near the elevator. I was kinda disappointed with not getting the late check out which is why I rated 1 lesser star for this stay.

Anyways, overall the stay was great. Here are my thumbs up points of The Quincy Hotel:

*Restaurant*
- Breakfast and evening cocktail was included in my booking, and it was a pleasant spread. Despite the limited choices of the drinks, it was still enjoyable accompanied by light dishes served at the restaurant/lounge. Breakfast dishes were limited as well, but it did satisfy my stomach.
- My boyfriend especially love the smoking area outside of the restaurant, it was extremely calming and peaceful to be sitting at the comfortable chairs, light a cigarette and enjoy the morning and late night breeze. (No smoking in the hotel, except at the outdoor smoking area)

*Room*
- Our room, the Deluxe Studio Room, was so modernised and lovely. It has transparent bath room, with a massive rain shower and a single spacious bathtub. I soaked in the bathtub for multiple times with my purchased lush bath bombs, it was extremely relaxing.
- FUll range of toiletries amenities in the bathroom.
- There is even a bidet 2-in-1 bidet combined with the toilet bowl. It was really convenient with the automatic technology.
- A handy handphone to carry around for tourists coming to Singapore.
- A radio/speaker, suitable to create a perfect ambience in the room.
- The TV only has limited channels, which was kind of disappointing. And despite tuning in to many channels, some were cut off completely. Even the Fox Movies does not show nice movies at all.
- The King size bed is huge and comfortable with the right height.
- View facing to buildings near Mount Elizabeth which is alright.
- Minibar drinks are complimentary, including the packet of chips and cookies inside the cardboard with the coffee and tea satchets.

*Accessibility*
- Took grab to the hotel. There is even a grab service machine located at the lobby if you want to hire a taxi. The hotel is a walking distance to Far East Plaza with shortcuts (please ask the receptionist how to cut through the gates to reach there).

*Facilities*
- We went to the swimming pool late at late night to avoid the crowd for Qool Weekend late night movie at the pool. It was a bad idea because the water was freezing. The swimming pool and gym opens 24 hrs, so fitness enthusiatics can enjoy the 24 hrs facilities.
- There are sauna and steaming rooms as well but I did not try the facility because it was kinda awkward to be in the same small space with two ladies who seems to be engrossed in their conversation.

*Staffs*
I would like to thank this receptionist during my stay. I couldn't remember her name but she is a chinese lady with bangs. She was attentive, friendly and professional. During night time, my boyfriend received a call in the room to deliver up a slice of birthday cake for me. From my boyfriend's description, he said she was really friendly and it was really nice of the Q team to send me a personally Happy Birthday card, which I really appreciated so much! Thank you the Q team and the receptionist's excellent service.
However, on my day of departure in the morning, I did notice one of the receptionist was using her phone at the counter. So maybe the Q team would like to take note of this. However, overall, the receptionists were all friendly, giving warm greetings whenever we walked past.

To conclude the stay, it was memorable and I would recommend to all my friends to come to The Quincy Hotel because of its excellent management and team.

Room Tip: High floor to enjoy the view and the room near the elevator is the best, convenient and no noise dis...
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ying H
ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Ying H,

How lovely to know that you chose Quincy for such a special occasion, and congratulations on your 21st birthday!

You review draws attention to many of the small details that make us different and the ideal choice for a getaway and I am delighted that you enjoyed the overall experience at Quincy

Wherever possible, we do try to accommodate requests for a late check-out. However, due to high occupancy on the day of your departure, we were regrettably unable to grant this. I am sure you understand the inconvenience new arriving guests would face if they are not allotted a room quickly upon their check in.

The Front Office team is aware of the policies and procedures for personal cell phone use during work. However, if I may point out, they are in possession of a duty cell phone, which is used not only for assisting with guest requests but also to communicate with the other departments in the hotel.

We thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to host you.

QUINCY.STAY DIFFERENT

Regards, Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We found the Quincy after previous stays with the Far East Hotel Group and highly recommend it, from Check in to Check out the service was great.
The property was reasonably priced for Singapore Hotels - Would recommend

• Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room is clean and includes minibar, wifi, laundry! Good benefit.

Need to mention Hazel who is very helpful and anticipating with query and always there in both morning and evening to assist with taxi booking.

Koreen is also alert to offer help in the lobby.

Great human asset to the hotel.

Keep up the great work.

Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
1 Thank TGAN311
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can see now why this hotel is up there in the ranks close to orchard road has great amenities and staff are already nice and cheerful and happy to help.

24 HR swimming pool was a bonus along with free everything virtually a totally enjoyable experience

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location, friendly staff, excellent amenities, great breakfast. Hotel is about 10 minute walk to metro station, which allows you to get anywhere in Singapore. Pool area is very good, and workout area is great.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple