Booked for a staycation at The Quincy Hotel for my 21st birthday celebration and Valentine's Day celebration with my boyfriend. I wrote in a request to The Q Team (Central Reservation, Duty Manager) to request for a late check out and higher floor room for the special occasion, but was replied with the requests are subjected to availability. I was pleased when Ms Freida Ng, the guest service executive, send an email informing me about my stay two days prior to my arrival (great service from the Q Team), and said that my requests would be prioritise but still it is subjected to availability. Hence, I had an expectation on The Quincy Hotel to actually grant me a late check out since they stated my booking was prioritised but on the day of arrival I couldn't get a complimentary late check out, only the room to be on the highest floor, near the elevator. I was kinda disappointed with not getting the late check out which is why I rated 1 lesser star for this stay.
Anyways, overall the stay was great. Here are my thumbs up points of The Quincy Hotel:
- Breakfast and evening cocktail was included in my booking, and it was a pleasant spread. Despite the limited choices of the drinks, it was still enjoyable accompanied by light dishes served at the restaurant/lounge. Breakfast dishes were limited as well, but it did satisfy my stomach.
- My boyfriend especially love the smoking area outside of the restaurant, it was extremely calming and peaceful to be sitting at the comfortable chairs, light a cigarette and enjoy the morning and late night breeze. (No smoking in the hotel, except at the outdoor smoking area)
- Our room, the Deluxe Studio Room, was so modernised and lovely. It has transparent bath room, with a massive rain shower and a single spacious bathtub. I soaked in the bathtub for multiple times with my purchased lush bath bombs, it was extremely relaxing.
- FUll range of toiletries amenities in the bathroom.
- There is even a bidet 2-in-1 bidet combined with the toilet bowl. It was really convenient with the automatic technology.
- A handy handphone to carry around for tourists coming to Singapore.
- A radio/speaker, suitable to create a perfect ambience in the room.
- The TV only has limited channels, which was kind of disappointing. And despite tuning in to many channels, some were cut off completely. Even the Fox Movies does not show nice movies at all.
- The King size bed is huge and comfortable with the right height.
- View facing to buildings near Mount Elizabeth which is alright.
- Minibar drinks are complimentary, including the packet of chips and cookies inside the cardboard with the coffee and tea satchets.
- Took grab to the hotel. There is even a grab service machine located at the lobby if you want to hire a taxi. The hotel is a walking distance to Far East Plaza with shortcuts (please ask the receptionist how to cut through the gates to reach there).
- We went to the swimming pool late at late night to avoid the crowd for Qool Weekend late night movie at the pool. It was a bad idea because the water was freezing. The swimming pool and gym opens 24 hrs, so fitness enthusiatics can enjoy the 24 hrs facilities.
- There are sauna and steaming rooms as well but I did not try the facility because it was kinda awkward to be in the same small space with two ladies who seems to be engrossed in their conversation.
I would like to thank this receptionist during my stay. I couldn't remember her name but she is a chinese lady with bangs. She was attentive, friendly and professional. During night time, my boyfriend received a call in the room to deliver up a slice of birthday cake for me. From my boyfriend's description, he said she was really friendly and it was really nice of the Q team to send me a personally Happy Birthday card, which I really appreciated so much! Thank you the Q team and the receptionist's excellent service.
However, on my day of departure in the morning, I did notice one of the receptionist was using her phone at the counter. So maybe the Q team would like to take note of this. However, overall, the receptionists were all friendly, giving warm greetings whenever we walked past.
To conclude the stay, it was memorable and I would recommend to all my friends to come to The Quincy Hotel because of its excellent management and team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A multi-award-winning boutique hotel, Quincy is catered to meet the demands of both the busy business executive, as well as the discerning leisure traveller of today. Having recently won the Best Hotel Experience Award at this year’s Singapore Tourism Awards 2017 as well as the Travellers’ Choice Award for seven years running (2011 – 2017), Quincy carves out its niche by catering to modern-day business and leisure travellers who seek a departure from your run-of-the-mill hotel accommodation. From our stylish lobby, to our colour-changing, LED illuminated pool deck at our infinity pool, we are re-defining the way our guests experience hotel stays. Quincy's signature benefits means all guests get Club treatment, including buffet breakfast, all-day light refreshments, complimentary mini-bar, complimentary 2-piece laundry (minimum two night stay) and free Wi-Fi. Quincy. Stay Different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Flight Raja Travels Singapore PTE LTD, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quincy Hotel Singapore
- The Quincy Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore