Open today: 1:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Review Highlights
Love coming here!

Love this! Therapist is experienced and extremely good! Nice ambience too! No regrets and always... read more

Reviewed today
chuenni
via mobile
great experience

the message and facial is very relaxing and i could definitely feel a difference. would definitely... read more

Reviewed today
iloverio12
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Singapore
from US$112.11
More Info
from US$76.60
More Info
All reviews deep tissue massage onsen bath relaxing massage onsen experience massage therapist bukit timah great onsen japanese spa excellent massage clean environment amazing experience tension session knots geisha acupressure skillful
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2019 via mobile

Very efficient massage: deep tissue massage was very efficient on painpoint and overall relaxing!
I recommend

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

I had passed by Ikeda spa in bukit Timah many times , since it is in my neighborhood. Having read the positive reviews online, I decided to go in and get a massage, and alleviate the knots in my left shoulder. I was also nostalgic about the hokkaido onsens that I visit every year and was looking forward to a similar experience here in Singapore.
During the phone booking, I was surprised when they insisted on my credit card details upfront. They also informed me that there would be absolutely no refund in the event of cancellation.
I thought it was strange that they required my credit card details to secure the booking, as when I visited the place there were no other customers there (it being a weekday and all). The interaction with their customer service rep left a bad taste in my mouth.
Anyway I then asked about their onsen and whether it was really using hot spring water from Japan. Their sheepish answer was no, it was just using filtered local water and bath salts (something I could have done at home). To then label their bath as an onsen is deeply misleading to the public. Imagine my further disappointment when I was brought to the ‘onsen’ area and found the tub was the size of a HDB bathtub. The images on their website showed spacious, cavernous baths which you could swim around in. Instead, I had to lay in this tiny narrow bath for half an hour, soaking in normal water with none of the regenerating properties of a real onsen hot spring.
Unimpressed, I then proceeded to the actual massage. They did not have the hot compress available therapy and instead suggested the Ganbanyoku detox. What they did not tell me was just how uncomfortable it was. The heated ‘bed’ literally comprised of hot marble, so I felt like I was being slowly cooked on a teppanyaki grill.
There wasn’t any mattress at all so I was lying on a hot slab of stone for an hour, which ironically caused me further aches and pains in new areas of my body (such as my knees when I was face down). Never in my life have I encountered such immense discomfort during any massage session. I couldn’t relax for even one minute during the massage as being made to sprawl on the hot marble was torturous and very painful.
Note of advice to myself: in future save the $300 - better to stay at home in my own bubble bath and Osim massage chair.
Definitely not worth the money and they should really change the label of their bath as Onsen it is clearly not.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2018

Absolutely lovely experience today at Ikeda, where I received my deep tissue massage. Service staff are friendly and sincere, and my therapist, Kim, was extremely skilled-- I fell asleep for most of the massage, and felt much more relaxed after the therapy. Highly recommend! Will definitely be back.

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank russellcjm
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located just outside Sixth Avenue mrt station, the Spa is very clean and the onsen is superb! Complete privacy by yourself. The massage therapist, Kim from Vietnam was very good. I was relax during the 90 mins session. I will come back again.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Ikeda Spa has been a tranquil oasis & truly a pampering session. The zen setting (ie. Scents, soft background music) helps unwind from the day and you are offered a selection of tea upon entering.

The therapists are professional, attentive and do not push on products or packages. Find myself looking forward to my next pampering session always.

Date of experience: August 2018