“Excellent ginseng body scrub & nice ambience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Damai Spa

Hyatt Damai Spa
Ranked #18 of 213 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanning over 78,000 sq ft, Damai at Grand Hyatt Singapore, is a haven for the body, mind and soul. Damai which means ‘peace’ features authentic local spa treatments reflecting the main cultures of Singapore – Chinese, Malay and Indian -and their traditional healing philosophies. There are 11 spa treatment rooms including a couple's suite with unique water features.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent ginseng body scrub & nice ambience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2016

Did the ginseng body polish (60 min) and my therapist, Janice, was very good. She applied the right pressure when massaging and consistently made sure I was comfortable and not feeling cold throughout the treatment. The massage room was the size of a hotel room with ensuite shower and washroom. Prices are also very reasonable for a 5-star hotel spa. Highly recommend this spa!

Visited November 2016
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at Hyatt Damai Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2016
Dear joiedevivre81,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience in Damai on TripAdvisor. Your kind words for Janice are such a great source of encouragement and will certainly be shared with her. We were so glad to know that you had found our prices reasonable and that you enjoyed our spa facilities. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again to Damai upon your return.

Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So relaxing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I had a couple massage and is so relaxing, comfortable, luxury, this is first time i was trying a electronic bed massage, i like it

Visited October 2016
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at Hyatt Damai Spa, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
Dear yazeed515,

We are so glad to read about your recent visit to Damai spa and cannot wait to welcome you back again for yet another relaxing treatment with us soon.

Your Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melts stresses away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2016

It was my first time trying out Damai Spa @ Grand Hyatt Singapore. I was greeted with a iced shot glass of coconut water and a cold hand towel, while filling out a form listing my area(s) of concern. Then I was brought down a long hallway, and into my treatment room, which honestly was the size of a hotel room itself, with an en suite!

Jennifer, my therapist, patiently explained to me that she would customise the treatment according to her assessment of my needs. Jennifer was professional and there was no hard-selling; she was just focused on treatment. The massage bed was warm and soft and I felt very relaxed once Jennifer started her massage.

After treatment, you are presented with a hot cup of ginger tea. They use June Jacobs amenities and had combs, cotton pads and shower caps on standby if you require. I was so blown away by the whole experience that I signed up for their annual membership and am already looking forward to making my next appointment! You can also use the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

My only gripe would be that the customer service person who attended to me after the treatment, was a bit blur (she overcharged me) and did not really explain clearly the privileges of the annual membership. I had to ask and clarify many things.

Visited June 2016
grandhyattsingapore, Management Team at Hyatt Damai Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2016
Dear Priscilla L,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your spa experience at Damai. Your enthusiastic feedback on the massage treatment, our spa’s facilities and also, our therapist Jennifer will certainly be shared with the team. We could not be happier to read that you were already feeling relaxed at the start of your treatment all through the end of the massage and subsequently have signed on for a yearly membership with us! However, we do apologise for the over lapse during payment and hope that it did not cause you too much inconvenience. We will strive to provide a seamless experience for guests such as yourself and do hope to welcome you back very soon for your next treatment!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Luxurious Spa Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2016

Damai Spa creates an experience that is hard to beat! I was welcomed with a small glass of coconut water and a refreshing towel - a very welcome touch after the heat outside. The massage room was tastefully lit. No piped in music here - each room has its own music selection and the therapist thoughtfully checked with me how loud I wanted the music. The attached shower and toilet is great - even the toilet seat is warmed! The massage started with a foot bath and the therapist offered me a choice of 4 scents for my aromatherapy massage. She was also very skilful and frequently checked that I was comfortable and the pressure was right. Even the bedding was luxurious and I felt cocooned in its softness. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this spa. It's quite high-end but if you want to give yourself or a loved one a treat, this is it!

Visited May 2016
grandhyattsingapore, Management team at Hyatt Damai Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2016
Dear vara0711,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Damai on TripAdvisor. It was such a joy to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable treatment at the spa. We will be sure to share your kind words with the Damai team. Your recommendation is also our highest compliment and we cannot wait to welcome you back again for another much deserved spa treat at Damai.

Province of Alicante, Spain
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2015

I stayed in this hotel for one week while my employer found me a serviced condo. First class food first class room and first class service. Centrally located at the junction of Scott's road and orchard road which is the main shopping area you are surrounded by bars restaurants and shopping malls. Not cheap but a fabulous hotel in a great location.

Visited May 2015
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at Hyatt Damai Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2015
Dear Brian R,

Thank you for making the choice to stay with Grand Hyatt Singapore.

We are delighted to have hosted you during your recent stay in our Garden City and are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of staying at our hotel, which is a mere stone's throw away from the main Orchard Road shopping district and a short walk away from public and private transportation.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!