2 people are viewing this hotel
US$58
Free cancellation until 16/02/23
US$58
Free cancellation until 17/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$56
Hotels.comUS$58
TravelocityUS$58
KLOOKUS$67
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2021

I was put here during covid quarantine. I am a survivor who withstood the terrible state of this hotel. Hmm, from where do I begin:

1) There was no table or chair to work on.

2) I developed a severe backache because the beds have wheels and when I take the back support on the bed, the bed keeps creeping away from the wall, thus i could never sit straight and was always in a slouch position.

3) The room had a stale moist smell.

4) The TV remote itself looks like a bio-hazard. It has hair, slime, and muck on it.

5) The 2nd room i was shifted to had an old bed sheet which I found after 5 hours of lying on it as I saw hair follicles and some black lint.

6) My room was infested with cockroaches. I had to call the hotel 11 times to give me an insect killer. I have killed 9 cockroaches. Pls find the photos attached.

7) The room floor was very sticky. I had to wash the bathroom floor to get rid of the stickiness.

8) The bathroom was so small that I had to sit on the commode to take a shower.
I had no option but to brave this hotel for 14 days which I did. It was the worst ordeal of my life.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

Checked in and was given a room in the 3rd floor, once open can sniff the mouldy smell of the room. No WiFi and TV was faulty. Terrible maintenance at first sight. Call for service and was told maintenance guy coming up, waited more than 20 mins and so frustrated, went to lobby to request for change of room. Room changed and smell was still mouldy and the picture hanging on the wall can be seen moulded. For a price of 80plus SGD , I can easily get a 4 to 5 star good hotel in nearby countries. This is what so called service standard of Singapore. Always was told it was a fine city, but with these people working in service line, it's a fine city with no level of service standard in the interior. Just proving on the exterior how good they are. Super bad impression of this hotel standard.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alwaystravel8873
KennethMGR9, Guest Relations Manager at Value Hotel Balestier, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused during your stay! We will be sharing your feedback with the respective department to ensure they improve in time for your next visit! Thank you for letting us know!

Reviewed 2 March 2020

Very nice place to stay in, bus stop infront to many places. Celine is very funny and helpful during the stay and introduced many Singapore interesting places to go.
Will stay again when I visit Singapore again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
KennethMGR9, Guest Relations Manager at Value Hotel Balestier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

We are so happy to hear about the positive things mentioned in you r kind review! Thank you!

Reviewed 21 February 2020

Hotel location is good i guess. Room was clean but small and no breakfast premises. But overall i liked that place. There are two shops downstairs which were helpful for me because it was my first time in Singapore. Hope to book again!

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you for your kind review! We do appreciate it here at Value Hotel Balestier!

Reviewed 5 February 2020

Visited value hotel balestier again for my staycation. Served by a nice staff named amsyari. As im a frequent visitor there he knows my preference n i no need for me to repeat. Checked into a room smoothly. N i would like to say thanks alot to the staff who assisted my partner on that night. If not mistaken hes name is ben,hope my partner got his name correctly hes a tall skinny chinese guy. See u guys again.. Thank u..

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Value Hotel Balestier, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2020

Dear Halimtc77, thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let our colleagues know that they have made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!