Lowest prices for your stay
S$79
S$282
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
S$69
No fees just great deals
SeoulbigB
Toronto, Canada

Avoid at all cost

Review of Tai Hoe Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Apr 2023via mobile
Because of last minute travel plans, we had no other choice but to spend our vacation in this hotel. For many reasons, staying in this hotel was a terrible experience. Throughout the duration of our trip, we booked 2 rooms which both had their faulty conditions.

The primary concern of Room A was its cleanliness. Every once in a while, bugs like small cockroaches would appear on the floor, the sink top, and even on the bed. We once left a plastic bag filled with bread to come back with 2 small cockroaches inside.

Although Room B had a more pleasing atmosphere, it was equipped with very poor air conditioning instead. Even after I brought up my concern to the hotel staff, she dismissed it and reasoned that nothing was wrong at all.

This is just my very honest and personal experience here. Take my review with a grain of salt.
Date of stay: February 2023
    S$1,052
  • Trip.com
3.0 km from Tai Hoe Hotel
View more hotels in Singapore
All reviews city square mall budget hotel little india mrt station family room rooms are small walking distance shopping location luggage eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2023

Stayed one night here. It looked good to us initially when we entered the room. But the problems started in the middle of the night when we used the toilet. There were noted small cockroaches and tiny insects crawling everywhere in the toilet and some parts of the room. We have not seen a hotel room with such unbelievable sight. Glad to leave the room the next day after the short stay. Otherwise, its location and its price are the plus points for this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 14 October 2022

The hotel is really good..... Do not think twice to book the hotel. Walking distance to MRT, Mustafa shopping mall, restaurants..

Rooms are small but that is how it is in Singapore. They provide you with all the necessary amenities. You can leave the luggage and go if you arrive before the check in time.. also you can check the weight of your luggages at the hotel. They have kept a scale at the entrance.

Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 15 August 2022

If you looking for the acess to this hotel, the answer is yes.

If you looking for MALL? Yes, infort of Mall

You can go from MRT Farer Park. And they have acess to Food area which is Halal.

Wifi also Good.

Room tip: Ask Room with View
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 7 August 2022

I don't know what to say. On one hand, this place could be said to be one of the worst hotels on the island:

- the hotel looks old and run down
- the aircon in my room leaked throughout the night (despite me informing them)
- there were cockroaches coming out to play at night
- the counter-staff don't pretend to enjoy your presence
- there are all kinds of noises in the room (eg, creaky beds, machines whirling, traffic from outside, etc.)

On the other hand, I travelled solo and I'm relatively "un-fussy" about these things. Plus, in Singapore if you want to get a room for yourself (and you don't want to pay an arm and a leg) hotels like this will be something you'll need to get used to.

I gotta say I slept well and this place is a near many eateries, MRT station, a mall, etc.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 24 April 2022

Am currently staying here. The rooms are basic, but well worth the SGD 80 per night I am paying for the one-week stay. Great location cattycorner from the City Square Mall including MRT entrance. Near Mustapha 24-hour shopping. Eateries abound nearby. Why my praise? The aircon in my room failed to turn on. No fan, so it would be hot. Immediate service by the hotel staff. Later that evening, it happened again. The lady on the desk came up and tried. She worked with the remote re-set as well. She said I could sleep in another room (a Saturday night, hotel full too!) and someone would fix it on Sunday. I managed to find a safety pin and reset the remote which then turned on the air con, so problem solved. How many budget hotels have a staff person at 10 pm on a Saturday night? She did her best with a smile. I value that. I recommend the hotel. Quiet, facilities do work and there is service when needed.

Date of stay: April 2022