4 people are viewing this hotel
US$423
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$423
ZenHotels.com
US$406
Hotels.comUS$423
PricelineUS$423
Destinia.comUS$432
All reviews grand deluxe room stamford road terrace room salvatore ferragamo saltwater pool heritage building lobby lounge civic district non alcoholic drinks classic room impeccable service roti prata pre arrival kaya toast birthday staycation guest services pillow menu
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2022 via mobile

Location is great - and everything is connected underground with easy access to the train station and nearby mall .
We were assigned a very odd shaped room And manager was able to swap us to a better room.
Room is spacious and clean and there is a tv right at the bath tub which the kids love . Breakfast service staff are very helpful and cheerful . Front desk staff are ok but seemed to be very new this time around .
Pool is small for a grand hotel.
But overall a lovely stay

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NimBiTus
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2022

Dear NimBiTus,

Warm greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

I am happy to read about your overall excellent experience and how the team successfully managed to meet your expectations with room allocation. Additionally, thank you for highlighting the great location, which has a direct metro and mall access and cheerful breakfast team. It is my pleasure to pass your lovely comments to the team.

Furthermore, I appreciate sincerely your impressions of the junior Kempinski Font Office team. We do provide learning & development opportunities for trainees from local and international reputable hospitality schools, therefore it could be that one of our new colleagues provided the service and it contributed to your overall impression. Appologies for any inconvenience caused and I am absolutely thrilled to know that your overall stay was lovely.

Finally, we would love to see you back soon and continue exceeding your service expectations.

Reviewed 27 June 2022

Had an exceptional stay in Kempinski Singapore. The room size was great to host a small celebration with some friends. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Roszel and his front office team (Lenten, Tomoko) for making our stay as great as possible. Any issues raised were also promptly followed up by the team. Great stay and would love to go back again!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Dear Danielneo95,

Warm greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

First and foremost, thank you for choosing us for your special occasion and allowing us to be part for your special memories.

I am delighted to read your overall excellent feedback about exceptional service provided by our Kempinski Team.

It has been my pleasure to pass your lovely comments to Mr. Roszel, Lenten and Tomoko who created such a great stay for you.

Reviewed 27 June 2022

+++ location is central in town, but privacy & hidden;
+++ heritage building
+++ Good breakfast & excellent high tea session: I had a great time with my family and friends there
+++ friendly staff, private check-in & check out experience, spacious room size
-- room temperature is too cold, little flies around in the bath area
***shall return for the brunch & high tea. It is an ideal place for family gathering, celebration & business meetup. Especially high tea at lounge, it is quiet and comfortable to just relax there

Date of stay: May 2022

Dear Celiashaw,

Warm greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

I am delighted to read your overall excellent feedback and thank you for highlighting all the different touchpoints, such as central location, heritage building, food & beverage offer, room comfort and friendly colleagues. It is such a pleasure hearing how appreciative you are for the service provided and that you find the hotel worth coming back!

I am truly saddened to hear about room temperature and little flies in the bath area. My sincere appologies for that, as I understand that it affected your overall comfort. I have personally passed your feedback to the maintenance and housekeeping team and the issue was rectified straight away.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon for your favorite brunch and high tea, and create more beautiful memories.

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

The hotel that made me feel like home despite the pandemic. We were welcome by the great hospitality provided by Lenten & Risse. Giving their utmost service and care. High quality service and genuine peraonality. We will be back !!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2022

Dear FdzC010620,

Warm greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

I am delighted to read your overall excellent feedback and it makes my heart melts hearing that our hotel made you feel like home. On behalf of all my colleagues, and particularly Lenten and Risse, allow me to express how encouraged we are to learn how appreciative you are for the genuine service and care provided and that you find the hotel worth coming back!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to create one more fabulous staycation.

Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

Although borders are gradually reopening, my wife and I decided to continue with our local staycations to celebrate her birthday.

We opted for 3 such stays and The Capitol Kempinski Hotel is our second.

We chose this hotel to take up the 125 Anniversary offer which included a 2-night stay at a Heritage Suite, one afternoon tea at the Lobby Lounge, one 4-course dinner at 15 Stamford, lounge access, 2 limited edition bathrobes and inclusion of mini bar replenished daily.

As this is our first stay at the property, we are naturally curious and excited.

This is the first hotel where the telephone receptionist also acted like someone from Room Reservation and the restaurants.

Our questions were answered by the ladies picking up the 2 or 3 calls prior to our stay and she/they also helped us with the restaurant reservation.

The first impression we got from the hotel is that it is a small property. However, it turns out bigger than we’ve expected.

While the façade facing the roads looks like a building that’s been very well-restored, the rooms are actually located in a new building – I am not so sure if it is a totally new building or additions and alterations were made from another GHA property that used to occupy the area.

GREAT CHECK-IN EXPERIENCE:

Mr Tuah attended to us when we checked in on 14 June. This is probably only our second experience when we were comfortably seated while we were being checked-in.

At most other hotels, guests are punished and made to stand in a line. Hahaha.

We were subsequently ushered into the Lobby Lounge when the hotel was making its last round of checking.

When our room was ready, Mr Tuah took us on a very quick tour of the property and led us up to our room. Great!

THE ROOM:

Room 320 is a Heritage Suite. It is located on Level 3 and is part of the building gazetted for preservation by the government.

As it faces the main road, some traffic noise is expected although the hotel has already done what it can by adding an extra glass window like that of a plane (hence there is no way to open the windows in the rooms).

Judging from the floor plan, they are many other Stamford Suites adjacent to Rom 320 although there is a larger one at the corner.

The WC and the shower areas are separated by an aisle to a tiny lounge area. We loved the bath room with the stone bench.

The bedroom area is at the end of the rectangular suite next to the windows. The 3 areas in the suite can be separated by some heavy sliding doors although they do not block out each area totally.

The air-con is great at the lounge area but not so much near the bed so we thought the room was a tad stuffy.

We asked for hard pillows and were given 2 foam ones that provided slightly better neck-support than the typical soft pillows hotels love to provide.

We love the Farragamo shower gel and shampoo. The fragrance is heavenly.

CATERING:

The 5-course Afternoon Tea at the lobby lounge is something we have not experienced before - love the pairing of tea.

The 4-course dinner at 15 Stamford is served by really attentive staff. The food has a fusion vibe and has a strong barbecue taste.

Breakfast at 15 Stamford is great because of the super attentive staff like Mr Damien. I also enjoyed making small talk with the Thai lady chef as I waited for my eggs both mornings.

My only grouse about breakfast is that the only variation comes mainly from the dimsum range on both mornings. The other offerings remain largely the same.

Of course, one can argue that there is nothing much to change on the breakfast menu. Perhaps the bee tai mak soup can be changed to yellow noodles soup or roti prata can be changed to chapatti or naan, for example.

POOL:

It was a long walk from Room 320 to the pool, but it was worth it. We loved the quaint little pool so much that we made it a point to spend some time there on both afternoons.

My only complaint about the pool is that there are way too many steps. In fact, the steps can pose a danger to guests who are unaware of the multiple steps of varying width. Also, some of the mosaic tiles are broken. While some have been filled up by white cement, there are still some missing tiles that can deliver nasty cuts.

The 1.2 depth part of the pool is limited to a width of about 1.5 metres and limited to the middle portion only – so you can’t do laps because of the steps.

However we still enjoyed the pool as it is a beautiful and relaxing little oasis in the middle of town.

EVENING CANAPÉS:

We had German food on the first night and Italian food on the second for evening canapés. There were way too much carbs for evening canapés and not something we’ve come to be accustomed to.

CHECKING OUT:

We were attended to by the sweet Ms Risse when we checked out.

As part of our routine, we checked out right after breakfast.

HITS & MISSES:

We are happy with the 125 Anniversary package and would recommend it to anyone to take it up if they are looking for a staycation.

Capitol Kempinski has done well in so many areas compared to its sister hotels that we’ve recently stayed in.

We also like the turn down service provided although our 125 Anniversary room sandals were removed on the first night and replaced with the normal black ones yet the wet ones on the second night were left unreplaced. I thought the 125 Anniversary room sandals are for us. Hmmm…

My wife is still disappointed that: upon entering the room, there was no welcome fruits and the hotel must have totally forgotten that it was her birthday.

It is not like we needed a present but a simple acknowledgement would have made her day and the stay special.

Maybe the next hotel would not disappoint her. :)

Room tip: Can skip club access but do eat at 15 Stamford (for dinner)
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank prestontan
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2022

Dear prestontan,

Warm greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

I can not expresses how grateful I am for such a detailed review of your hotel experience. This wonderful gesture will greatly inspire all our team members and the hotel as a whole, by sharing your narrative and Kempinski story to a world of aspiring travelers to Singapore and to future guests of the hotel.

I have been re-reading each line of your feedback, so that I can understand better how we made you feel during each service touchpoint, from the check-in to the departure, and at the same time I can pass your comments to the hotel's leaders and the team members, particularly Tuah, Risse and Damien, who exceeded your service expectations with their attentiveness and efficiency.

Thank you for positively highlighting 125 Anniversary Package and all the inclusions and that you find it worth recommending.

We are flattered to know that our hotel has done well in so many areas compared to other wonderful hotels in Singapore. Thank you wholeheartedly for sharing it!

Finally, I do feel disappointed that we missed the opportunity to celebrate together your wife's Birthday. My sincere appologies for that. It will be my pleasure to ensure that your wife receives the expected acknowledgment. The Front Office team will be directly in touch with you, as it is my outmost priority to make your occasion special.

Again, thank you for taking the time and investing in helping us to continuously improve.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to create more wonderful memories and keep exceeding your expectations.