3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$355
View deal
Expedia.comUS$422
Hotels.comUS$422
PricelineUS$389
Trip.comUS$391
TravelocityUS$422
EtripUS$475
All reviews grand deluxe room terrace room salvatore ferragamo stamford road saltwater pool heritage building lobby lounge civic district non alcoholic drinks classic room impeccable service roti prata pre arrival kaya toast birthday staycation guest services pillow menu
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

Highly recommend Capitol Kempinski for a vacation stay! Had a wonderful time there and was greeted by the staff at the check-in with a bottle of water immediately when we stepped in. As we went for an anniversary and birthday celebration, was pleasantly surprised when the Kempinski staff surprised us with an amazing red velvet cake and strawberries with chocolate dip upon our arrival!

Room was also spick and span (you have to request for a comb / shaver if you need though as for some reason they only provide it upon request).

I especially love the breakfast buffet which is offered at the hotel as well, there will be certainly something for you, from salads to breads to local specialities ranging from nasi lemak to laksa, Capitol Kempsinki has got them all!

Thanks team for the warm welcome and will certainly be back if we decide on our next staycation!! :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Dear chengyangzhen,

First and foremost, thank you wholeheartedly for sharing you had the best staycation with us and for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion. Happy anniversary!

It is wonderful to hear how much you appreciated the attentive service, red velvet cake and strawberries with chocolate dip upon our arrival, and how much you loved the breakfast buffet variety.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to keep exceeding your staycation expectations.

Reviewed 28 July 2022

I have been staying in many 5-Star Hotels in Sinapore over the years and some of them are very good. The Capitol Kempinski is perfectly located in the middle of the CBD in walking distance of many of the attractions. The historic building(s) have been restored nicely and there all amenities you could wish for.
However, what sets the Capitol Kempinski apart was extraordinary warm and helpful service we received from staff in particular the lady in red (Stella) who welcomed us. We arrived quite relatively in the morning coming from a long-haul flight. Stella was able to make arrangements so that we could access our rooms before heading out for a sightseeing tour.
The kindness and helpfulness of the staff in general was remarkable. The rooms in the historic Capital building were perfectly appointed. The corner suite on the second floor (room 255) had a huge bathroom leading out on a balcony.
All in all we were very happy with our stay and will definitely go back.

Room tip: Corner Suite (255) has huge bathroom and a balcony
Date of stay: July 2022
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2022

Dear Patrick W,

Thank you so much for choosing The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore and for highlighting our hotel as your "new favorite hotel in Singapore".

First and foremost, it melts my heart hearing about extraordinary warm and helpful service you described, and teams' kindness and attentiveness. It will be my pleasure to personably pass you your lovely comments to Lady in Red, Stella who welcomed you so graciously.

Furthermore, It is such a delight hearing how much you appreciated the heritage architecture, spacious room and comfort, along with amenities and location.

My team and I look forward welcoming you back to Singapore and creating many more wonderful memories.

Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

We booked The Capitol Kempinski Hotel having read great reviews by bloggers. It turned out to be a disappointment on many levels.

We travelled with our young child and booked a Grand Deluxe Room, the only non-suite room type at this property that accommodates an extra bed. The room layout wasn’t very intuitive, e.g. bathroom was split into two spaces by the foyer, hair dryer was placed under the writing desk, lack of a power socket in/near the bathroom. But overall the room was well-appointed.

We had dinner at 15 Stamford Road. Food was good but the place was so clearly understaffed. At various points during our dinner there wasn’t any waiter in sight.

The saltwater relaxation pool was quite nice. It’s called relaxation pool, as I believe it’s designed for soaking and relaxing due to its size. Would be a stretch if more than 1-2 persons swim in the pool.

The greatest disappointment was the service attitude.

Prior to our arrival the hotel invited us to indicate our preferences. All our preferences were ignored. Our room on the second floor had a close up view of a white wall of the neighbouring construction site. Children’s amenities were not ready in our room upon our arrival.

During our stay housekeeping misplaced my child’s clothing and stuffed animal. I reported the disappearance of the items to guest services and had no news from them for three days. I had to chase and visit the front desk the evening before check-out, and was told housekeeping would not have mixed up the items with bedsheets etc. As if housekeeping is infallible. I asked what might be the reasons for the disappearance of the items from our room, the representative had no answer.

Interestingly, after I paid the bill, the representative appeared to have a renewed interest in the lost item and asked for its photo and value. Miraculously, an hour later, they found the lost items, UNCLEANED, amongst the returns from laundry. I do not believe their laundry service returned the lost items at 11:30pm in the evening. Apparently the hotel never took my report seriously and never made an effort to retrieve the items-until after I paid the bill. Unbelievable.

We ordered room service. Food was very good. After our meal we asked guest services to send someone to collect the meal trolley. We were told to push the meal trolley outside of the room ourselves. The meal trolley was rather bulky and heavy - when the server brought in the trolley he didn’t have a doorstop and needed us to hold the door open for him so he could push it through. Nonetheless the hotel expected its guest to push the trolley out of the room. Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable to find the trolley with leftover food and used crockery outside our room in the corridor still at 8.51am the next morning.

Unfortunately a little too many flops over a four-night stay. Would not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear anteaterpig,

Thank you very much for your honest and detailed feedback that gives me an in-depth understanding of your experience. I truly appreciate your sincerity and empathy while sharing about well-appointed room and saltwater relaxation pool, even though you experienced service shortfalls.

After re-reading each line of your experience, I can not express how sorry I feel and I completely understand your concern that comes with a setback like this and the urge to share the grievances. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority, and seeing we have fallen below that standard in various service touchpoints, from pre-arrival survey, guest services, and In-room dining, is something that needs to be addressed immediately.

While positive feedback continues to encourage us, it is in the constructive ones that we find valuable opportunities for improvement and also to build the relationship with our guests.

I have been personally looking into your experience. As per my findings and our records, the guest services was contacted on 22nd July at 10:44 pm, day 3 of the stay, in regards to Jacadi white long sleeve pyjama. On that particularly day, the housekeeping service was provided and bed sheets were changed. Indeed, there is an inadequacy, due to missed follow-up the next day and I am deeply sorry for that. We do collaborate with an external Laundry provider and that is one of the reasons of delay in response, in addition to our communication. Keeping the records is one of our key procedures. Again, it is understandable how inconvenient this experience can be, that is caused by human error, particularly when travelling with family. My sincere apologies again. In regards to the pre-arrival survey we have noted your preference on street view and high floor, however due to heavy operations and subject to availability, we were unfortunately unable to accommodate the request. Finally, I have personally shared the feedback to the In-room dining team on trolley procedure, to take corrective steps and avoid re-occurrence.

I am aware this might not change the fact you left disappointed, however I would like to reaffirm your high expectations of our brand, which are certainly in line with the renowned reputation of Kempinski worldwide. My team and I would certainly appreciate the opportunity of welcoming you back and to show you, beyond just words, the value we place in your feedback.

Our Front Office Manager, Mr. Roszel Marop, has already been in touch with you, to ensure we do our best to meet your service recovery expectations.

And finally, thank you again, for bringing your concerns to our attention and giving us an opportunity to respond and improve.  Please feel free to contact me directly for any additional feedback and it will be my pleasure to personally coordinate your hotel arrangements.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity of reestablishing your trust in our services and in the sincerity of our apologies.  Again, thank you for providing valuable feedback. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2022

We booked this hotel for 4 nights as a stop over on the way home from Europe. This hotel was stunning from the moment we entered. The staff made us welcome and feel so special. The rooms were gorgeous. It is a beautiful heritage hotel in a central location, close to the train, raffles, and shopping. I know we had just come from Europe that is known for small rooms but these rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. The service from all the staff was absolutely amazing. The breakfasts had everything you could ever want. so many choices and if you asked they had gluten free bread, soy milk, they obviously catered for allergies. Unfortunately my son (who was in his own room) tested positive for COVID. We did the right thing and reported this to management and increased our stay as we would not be able to fly home. Every day they checked on him, they helped us organise testing and ensured we had everything we needed. I can't thank them enough for caring for us and I can't wait to come back and visit this stunning hotel and beautiful city. Thank you to all the staff at the Kempinski Hotel.

1  Thank emmay690

Dear emmay690,

Thank you so much for choosing The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore and for highlighting our hotel as the "best of the best".

First and foremost, I am so sorry to hear about your son's experience, as certainly those situations are uncomfortable during travelling. I am happy to know how the team made you feel with their care and assistance and that your son recovered well.

Furthermore, it is such a delight hearing how much you appreciated the heritage architecture, room comfort, location and breakfast variety, particularly catered to different allergens.

Reviewed 21 July 2022 via mobile

Been here for my third stay and gotta say it’s my favourite hotel in SG. After staying at Kempinski, all other hotel doesn’t amaze me anymore. Really love the space, hot toilet seats, and bathtub with Chromecast TV! Plus the breakfast is definitely something worth waking up for

Would like to thank Stella for her impeccable service. My partner and I was shocked and happy to see the handwritten note and cake to celebrate our first year anniversary ❤️

Highly recommended for staycation or for tourist visiting Singapore ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andras Biro, General Manager at The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2022

Dear jlyncjy,

Greetings from The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore!

First and foremost, I sincerely appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to provide us with this wonderful feedback through multiple channels.

This beautiful gesture will greatly inspire not only Stella, but all of our team members and the hotel as a whole, by sharing your narrative and Kempinski story to a world of aspiring travelers to Singapore and to future guests of the hotel.

My team and I certainly look forward having you back and creating many more wonderful memories.