“Excellent & informative.”

Coriander Leaf Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With a long standing track record in Asian cuisine, through our culinary education team, Coriander Leaf is aiming to act in a thought leadership capacity and be at the forefront of innovative culinary experiences and learning. Whether it is conventional cooking classes, developing new and innovative courses, expanding to the online cooking community, or delivering a distinct variety of unique and memorable cooking experiences, Coriander Leaf has always pushed the boundaries and created a reputation for culinary excellence. At our core is Asian cuisine, yet this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the depth and breadth of culinary courses we aim to provide. We design menus that provide our guests with a strong grounding. In this way, our guests learn specific dishes as well as the insights and techniques necessary to become an insider in the cuisines of Asia! We emphasize home cooking and stick mainly to dishes that one can replicate at home. Our cooking studios are equipped with home cooking appliances reinforcing our commitment to teaching our guests something they will incorporate into their standard repertoire. Each class presents an integrated menu that can be prepared at home rather than a random selection of dishes.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We attended the Thai 3 class. There were 8 in the class.

Great cooking class-recipes and pencils so I could note all the little tips Samia gave us.

We've come home and cooked 3 of the recipes - we'd have never got the red beef curry right if we hadn't been shown all the stages of cooking the paste properly first!

Thanks Samia. Good luck with the new venture. We'll be back when we've worked our way through your book!

3  Thank kevrah140908

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Highly recommend. Streets of Singapore class excellent introduction to local cuisine. Samia's knowledge of food and respect for 'pure' ingredients a bonus. Demonstration Class enjoyable as all levels of cooks can absorb without distractions or feeling intimidated. This type of class allows you to learn more especially working in the Industry. The presentation and quality of produce fabulous. Thank you.

3  Thank Lou313
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had signed up for the Singapore Classics class soon after I had booked my flight. With all the classes offered it was hard to decided which one to select! Samia is an excellent teacher and was very informative in regards to cuisine but also explained the reasons behind some different cooking techniques. In addition to the eight dishes that were referenced on the course catalogue, there were "bonus" recipes for Chili Paste in Oil and Thai Chili Sauce. I can hardly wait to try out some of the recipes at home.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our cooking class and meal at Coriander Leaf. Samia was both entertaining and informative and the meals prepared were all great dishes to cook at home. I highly recommend this experience for those who love cooking!

3  Thank Supercalufragilustic
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What a delightful and delicious day. I took the Singapore Classics class with Chef Samia on my second day in Singapore, and it not only gave me lots of cooking tips, it served as a great introduction to the tastes of the city. The relaxed, entertaining style would appeal even to non-cooks. And the food was amazing! I highly recommend this, and will be back.