“Excellent Food, Knowledge and Energy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coriander Leaf Cooking Classes

Coriander Leaf Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With a long standing track record in Asian cuisine, through our culinary education team, Coriander Leaf is aiming to act in a thought leadership capacity and be at the forefront of innovative culinary experiences and learning. Whether it is conventional cooking classes, developing new and innovative courses, expanding to the online cooking community, or delivering a distinct variety of unique and memorable cooking experiences, Coriander Leaf has always pushed the boundaries and created a reputation for culinary excellence. At our core is Asian cuisine, yet this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the depth and breadth of culinary courses we aim to provide. We design menus that provide our guests with a strong grounding. In this way, our guests learn specific dishes as well as the insights and techniques necessary to become an insider in the cuisines of Asia! We emphasize home cooking and stick mainly to dishes that one can replicate at home. Our cooking studios are equipped with home cooking appliances reinforcing our commitment to teaching our guests something they will incorporate into their standard repertoire. Each class presents an integrated menu that can be prepared at home rather than a random selection of dishes.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, Knowledge and Energy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My group and I participated in the Singapore Classics Demonstration Class.

The professionalism and quality of the food and staff at Coriander Leaf was impressive throughout. Although the class is demonstration based, there are several opportunities to get hands on and help the chef. All the recipes on display are simple enough to be transferred to a home kitchen but certainly do not lack for flavour!

The chef is exceptionally knowledgeable and made all cooking techniques and ingredients relatable for the amateur audience. The flipbook of recipes provided is a great take-away to help when you get home.

The black pepper beef and mud crab was a highlight of my Singapore holiday! I will definitely look to replicate in my own kitchen.

I recommend this experience to any visitor to Singapore.

Visited February 2017

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the Best Cooking Demo Classes I've been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2016

I took the Vietnamese cooking demo class today and it exceeded my expectations! Samia's years of experience as a chef was evident as she shared her knowledge of different cooking techniques, local and global produce and the blending of sauces and aromatics to create authentic Vietnamese flavours. Each step was explained in detail so that whether you are an experienced home cook or not it was easy to follow to then replicate at home. I have done many cooking classes and demos over the years and this is the best one so far! Highly recommend!

Visited September 2016
Coriander_Leaf_Group, Manager at Coriander Leaf Cooking Classes, responded to this review, 3 October 2016
Hi there Kellie P,

thank you for taking time to write us this review. We are so glad you had a great time with Chef Samia and us! Feel free to give us a call anytime should you like to try out more demo classes!

Once again, thank you for your kind words and patronage and we hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,
The Coriander Leaf Group
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Different, refreshing kind of team building ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first time doing this kind of team building or bonding exercise. For me, it was great. None of those rolling on the ground, running around stuff. Cooking is indoors and great fun !

Visited September 2016
Hi Danny C,

thank you for your review and patronage! We are glad you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
The Coriander Leaf Group
Jeddah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It feels amazing to be crowned as Master Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2016

What an experience!!! We were a group of 25 and divided into three teams. Each team was divided into three for each dish that we have to prepare.
I and my two helpers were in charge of the chutney sauce. The supervisors allowed us to add our flavors which I did. I added Paprika and Cilantro which made the sauce more than wonderful. We were given a junior chef who is in charge of the oven. At the end we had a feast of Nine different dishes (Duck, Satay, Egg drop soup, crab soup, and many others.)
It was the best thing in that visit after 3 days of intensive training.

Visited June 2015
Shanghai, China
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An amazing and fun cooking experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2015

I signed up for the Singaporean Classics demo class with Vivien, and it was really so much fun! It was really informative, interesting and interactive, from the start to the finish! No pressure if you find prepping a crab intimidating (i did!) and just prefer to help out with mixing! Everyone was really engaged and the staff were so helpful and attentive! A must whether you like cooking or eating or both!!

Visited November 2015