“Time of Empire Tour”

Ranked #7 of 156 Tours in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The walks work on a simple principle: to bring people into places most other tours don't. Graveyards, smoke houses, wet markets, gun batteries, the city’s best-kept secret places. You name it, we have it. Since 2003, the Walks led by an eclectic bunch of researcher-guides have taken locals and travellers alike off the beaten track, and entertained with an endless store of anecdotes that reveal the true heart of the city. Pre-booking not necessary!
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I have been to Singapore several times on my way to India. I have a friend in Singapore and also my uncle was killed in the defense of Singapore in around 1942. I have been to Kranji and the Battle Box. My guide Helena was knowledgeable and friendly, always being helpful. I enjoyed the tour.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"personal stories"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I am very pleased with our guide,Ms Lye Nak . She is very knowledgeable and give a very good history lesson on the places that she had brought us. The information given was very clear and captured the attention of my students.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We took the full package and went on 4 walks: The Colonial District Walk, the Little India Walk, the China Town walk and the Sultans of Spices - and boy, did we walk! The guides were extremely professional (a special thank you to Carol Dragon from Andreas and Dragana, we enjoyed both tours very much!). We saw so much and took so many pictures and the guides answered all our questions! We would recommend these walks for every tourist who wants to get the most out of his stay in beautiful Sinagpore. Best regards from Berlin!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We went on the three hour walking tour covering the role of the Empire in forming the city/country and how it developed.
There were only five of us so the guide had no difficulty talking to us and giving us the benefit of her extensive knowledge of and love for her country.
We visited St Andrew's Church, went inside the new Supreme Court, and finished up with a stroll through the grounds of Raffles Hotel.
This was a most enjoyable outing for our last day in Singapore.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Geraldine was fantastic guiding us through China town. We were taken inside the temples and markets, we explored the architecture and history and visited herbal medicine shops. She brought it to life with personal stories and the time flew by. My mother in law who is in her late 60s also loved it and there was never too much walking or too much standing in the sun.