“Our teenagers enjoyed it”

The Original Singapore Walks
Ranked #7 of 152 Tours in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The walks work on a simple principle: to bring people into places most other tours don't. Graveyards, smoke houses, wet markets, gun batteries, the city’s best-kept secret places. You name it, we have it. Since 2003, the Walks led by an eclectic bunch of researcher-guides have taken locals and travellers alike off the beaten track, and entertained with an endless store of anecdotes that reveal the true heart of the city. Pre-booking not necessary!
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I'd enjoyed going solo on some of these walks in the past. This time we took our two teenagers on the Chinatown walk, hosted by the excellent Helena. I wondered if they would enjoy it, but they really did. The Chinese temple, wet market and medicine shop were all good, but most of all they really enjoyed the Chinatown Heritage Centre. After the tour we had lunch at nearby Maxwell food court and checked out the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, then went back to the Heritage Centre on their request. The tour gave us reentry.

1  Thank AussieIbu

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I did both the Chinatown and Little India free walking tours and was very impressed. Both the guides were very friendly and chatty. They clearly enjoy what they do. They are also very knowledgeable and managed to answer most of the obscure questions thrown at them. They made it personal by asking what we'd like to see and we all learnt a lot about the area as well as about Singapore. They pointed out the best places to explore afterward, shop and get food for the best price. All very helpful. For 2 hours, this is highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The absolute best way to get the best of a vibrant city, its culture and its history! I did five of the eight walks and I definitely wanted more! The guides were all amazing, very professional, very knowledgeable and super nice! I couldn't recommend it enough! Lyenak, Henrieta, Helena and JL, thank you very much for your patience and passion!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I have been to Singapore several times on my way to India. I have a friend in Singapore and also my uncle was killed in the defense of Singapore in around 1942. I have been to Kranji and the Battle Box. My guide Helena was knowledgeable and friendly, always being helpful. I enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I am very pleased with our guide,Ms Lye Nak . She is very knowledgeable and give a very good history lesson on the places that she had brought us. The information given was very clear and captured the attention of my students.