“War Trails by Changi tour.”

The Original Singapore Walks
Ranked #4 of 125 Tours in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The walks work on a simple principle: to bring people into places most other tours don't. Graveyards, smoke houses, wet markets, gun batteries, the city’s best-kept secret places. You name it, we have it. Since 2003, the Walks led by an eclectic bunch of researcher-guides have taken locals and travellers alike off the beaten track, and entertained with an endless store of anecdotes that reveal the true heart of the city. Pre-booking not necessary!
Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“War Trails by Changi tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

This was an excellent tour with a knowledgeable guide who made the whole experience a high quality one. She was extremely detailed with her information, and was able to answer questions from people in the group. My only concern was that when I turned up at the meeting place, my name was not on the list, yet the company had sent me a confirmation email 4 weeks prior to the tour. Fortunately, I had brought the email from the company confirming my booking, and the guide was lovely about it and added me to the group with no problem, but if the coach had been full, she would not have been able to do that. The tour only runs twice a week so it could have meant I missed out completely. The meeting place is also a long way on the MRT and takes quite a while to get there and back into town. My advice would be to send the company another email a week before the tour and re-confirm your booking. I,would,like to,do,other tours with this company next time I am in Singapore.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sigapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Changi WWII Tour - excellent, well worth doing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

The Change WWII tour was excellent, our tour guide had a huge amount of knowledge not only about the allied forces and Japanese forces but also about the effects on the Singaporean population during the Japanese occupation. I highly recommend the tour.

Canberra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our teenagers enjoyed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I'd enjoyed going solo on some of these walks in the past. This time we took our two teenagers on the Chinatown walk, hosted by the excellent Helena. I wondered if they would enjoy it, but they really did. The Chinese temple, wet market and medicine shop were all good, but most of all they really enjoyed the Chinatown Heritage Centre. After the tour we had lunch at nearby Maxwell food court and checked out the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, then went back to the Heritage Centre on their request. The tour gave us reentry.

1 Thank AussieIbu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good and most interesting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I did both the Chinatown and Little India free walking tours and was very impressed. Both the guides were very friendly and chatty. They clearly enjoy what they do. They are also very knowledgeable and managed to answer most of the obscure questions thrown at them. They made it personal by asking what we'd like to see and we all learnt a lot about the area as well as about Singapore. They pointed out the best places to explore afterward, shop and get food for the best price. All very helpful. For 2 hours, this is highly recommended.

Barcelona, Spain
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best way to get around Singapore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The absolute best way to get the best of a vibrant city, its culture and its history! I did five of the eight walks and I definitely wanted more! The guides were all amazing, very professional, very knowledgeable and super nice! I couldn't recommend it enough! Lyenak, Henrieta, Helena and JL, thank you very much for your patience and passion!