“Best shopping place in Singapore for book lovers”

Takashimaya Singapore
Ranked #63 of 837 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Takashimaya is another Japanese retail giant which has an upmarket department store catering to the more affluent consumer. It has restaurants, a spa, slimming services, boutiques, a gym, drycleaners, and even an art gallery.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 March 2017

It is because they have the biggest Kinokuniya store here. It's 3-4x bigger than the biggest one we have in Jakarta. There's a vast collection of books here, from magazine, music notes, travel guides, and many more.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I love shopping for shirts in Singapore for two reasons.
1. It has different selection more suited for that region
2. Sizes do fit me. As in Dubai and Europe we get European cuts which are very long in sleeves and very big in shoulders.
While same size M or L in some case would fit me perfectly in Singapore shops.
Takashimaya was interesting store as it has consolidated area for men and you would find every thing in that little space about half floor.
Everything in a wardrobe that men would need, almost.
It was bit pricey but good by and large.
I recommend.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This became one of our must visit favourite place for decades now because we like to shop at Kinokuniya, the Japanese book store.

We are always spoilt for choice here across all the genre of books that we like in various languages. There's a huge comic and manga section too with sale of merchandises and collectible toys.

The departmental store is good as well but not much choice of restaurant here unless you get out of the main building.

Queuing for cab here has always been a nightmare for there's lots of people in queue at any given time.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Living in Orchard road makes you go around the different shopping malls often. Out all the available Ines Takashimaya is definitely the best.

It has all the top brand in case you want to buy anything luxury, great variety of restaurants, good parking, an amazing book store and top food stores and supermarket at the basement.

I buy my electronics there, my last tv and laptop. And the prices are competitive.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

So much shopping here, you can spend all day and not see everything. If you like to walk around, window shop and actual shop this is for you. I spend hours here and can't wait to go back. I love how there are so many options of the same brand and every one carries something different!