“A very nice hotel! but service tends to be on the low side”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Medan, Indonesia
“A very nice hotel! but service tends to be on the low side”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and baby. We like the hotel very much. Even though the view in our room wasnt nice. I requested for the view to the City... which I expect to see talls building and the Marina. But what I got was the view of this construction side. A bit disappointed, but the room condition heals our disappointment bit. the room was huge (but I heard they now change it to a smaller size room) and the bed was comfy. I ordered a twin bed. And we get a 2 queen size bed. and it is so spacious for the three of us.

The whole stay was fun, the swimming pool. the food, the breakfast is excellent! highly recommended.

but the worse part of my stay experience was the luggage service. It took 45 minutes, and have not yet arrived. and I decide to go down and take it myself with only 3 minutes of time. Maybe the staffs needed to be increase for the distribution of luggage, i needed it urgently for my baby items with is in my wife luggage.

That was the only downside, For the hotel! superb! Price currently is a bit towards overprice

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I regret to hear that you experienced challenges during your stay last year that might have marred your otherwise pleasant experience. We do our best to assign our guests with their preferred room types when we have the rooms available.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused due to the delay in getting your luggage to your room. We have since reviewed our processes and capacity to improve the baggage delivery times during peak periods.

I value your patronage and I hope that you and your family will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,224)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Helsinki , Finland
Reviewed 18 February 2012

After reading earlier negative reviews still took the risk and stayed 2 nites Feb 8 -10, NO regret !

It was fabulous right from beginning to end. Took the free hotel airport shuttle bus – only 10 guests in the big coach. Arrived at hotel basement, waited 15 mins at check in – and waitress going around offering sparkling wines – when asked if it’s alcoholic – we were quickly offered fresh mango juice – to the delight of my 5 years old daughter. Stayed in Premier room at 33rd floor, room very spacious with bed, sleep up to 4, big bathroom with very comfy bathtub, shower and 2 sinks. Luggage very well organized and delivered to room very quickly.

Amazing sky pool and the whole mega complex with hotel, casino, shops, food court, restaurants – Spore Flyer direct opposite at walking distance. The MRT (underground train) takes you to other parts of Spore, very convenient. Lots of shows and performances including the free waterfront light, sound and water show. Child friendly too.

There were kids and adult pool. Excellent feeling swimming ‘on top of the world’!
If past guests have bad reviews, this hotel has since improved tremendously, EVERY SINGLE staff we came across was very helpful, polite, obliging and knowledgeable, there were concierge desks thru out the complex. As soon as we check into room, we got call to ask if anything else we need – I asked for 2 extra pillows and delivered very quickly. Ordered room service at 3 am, was told ready in approx. 30 mins, it was delivered in 20 mins. Very good TV channels to cater for all.

To be honest I CAN’T find any BAD thing to say about Marina Sands Spore – perhaps the room rate was a bit steep but F&B was reasonable with coffee at hotel lounge for 5 Sin Dollar ( for a 6 star hotel ). And YES ! will stay again ! Keep up the good work Marina Sands !

Room Tip: I guess the higher the room the better - for the view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your delightful review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in one of our Premier Rooms and that you had the chance to take our complimentary airport shuttle.

I am especially heartened to hear that our service standards consistently matched your expectations. Your compliments on our Team Members will be an added boost to the Team’s efforts at creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day.

I am also glad that you were able to catch Wonder Full, our nightly light and water spectacular. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 February 2012

First stay at this magnificent hotel. Stayed in tower 2 on 26th. floor, in a "Premium" room facing Marina Bay.
The view over Singapore skyline is superb! So is the rooms and especially the bathroom is fantastic. The shower is h-u-g-e, which is great if you wanna have a couple experience!
The beds are nice, also for someone who does not fancy the extremely firm Asian beds you get some places. The pillows and linen is also of a very nice quality.
I don't think its needed to do a review of the Skypark including Infinity Pool...that's just amazing!

Highly recommendable for anyone visiting Singapore.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Chipperfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Yes...its big, but great, we stayed in one of the executive rooms on the 43rd floor, the views of the harbour area were stunning, if you opt for the exec thing you get access to their lounge on the 53rd floor for canapes and champagne (also where breakfast is served) its definitely worth the extra money. The 53rd is also where the swimming pool is ...wow again ! although bit cold !

The gym has everything you'd want and also as its on the 52nd floor great views, from the ground floor you have direct access to the massive shopping area which has loads of designer brands and several restaurants, none really worth a special mention.

We loved the place as a 3/4 day break in between the Maldives and Malaysia, anything longer may have stared to feel a bit 'busy'. I'd recommend it though !

Room Tip: Go for the 'executive' or 'club' rooms, better restaurant for breakfast, less crowde...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room as well as your time up on the SkyPark, located on the 57th floor.

I am also glad that you had the chance to check out the Banyan Tree Fitness Club and its amazing city views as well.

With regards to your comment on crowd management, we are constantly reviewing our services for improvement and assessing how best to manage crowds to ensure a pleasant experience for our guests especially during peak occupancy periods.

I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
Sandy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the New Year period. We booked into the club rooms and the view we had was over the harbour area. The room was very spacious and had all the amenities you would expect of a hotel of this calibre. The bathroom in particular was to die for, not much smaller than some hotel rooms we have stayed in !! The infinity pool just blows you away as you step out from the lift. Lovely that there is an area of the pool reserved for adults only. The pool staff were very efficient and friendly. The Club Lounge on the roof was excellent. The breakfasts, afternoon teas and pre dinner snacks and cocktails were superb, well worth it. An experience not to be missed in Singapore.

Room Tip: Worthwhile upgrading to the Club rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Club Rooms as well as its privileges.

I am also encouraged to hear that our Team Members’ service standards at the SkyPark matched your expectations.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us in the near future.