Along with my spouse and my 9 month old kid, we stayed at Marina Bay Sands for 3 nights last week. While the hotel is brilliant, shiny and full of glitz, it needs to work on the service aspect which is of utmost importance.
During check-in, I was allotted a room in the 3rd floor. Upon entering the room, it turned out that the room faced a busy express-way and a construction site across the express-way. When I requested for a change of room at the reception, the response was very curt. I was told that if I changed the room they would not be able to provide a king bed. Now this seemed quiet strange given that they have 3 towers of 55 storeys each!! On being asked which floor the new room shall be, I was again curtly told that the floor# can't be shared as if it was against the national security interest of the country. I finally had to settle in the 3rd floor and suffer the noise of the express way throughout the night. Again during checkout, I requested for my luggage to be brought down and surprise surprise I was asked to wait for 20 minutes when my taxi was waiting downstairs to take me to the airport.
The size of the room was quiet average and the toiletries were again average for the stature of MBS.
On the positive side, the hotel is ideally located at Marina Bay. The SkyPark and the infinity pool are a must visit. The club "Ku De Ta" is a great hangout to share a drink with buddies. The Shoppes offer a great variety for the shopping fans. Every evening there is a laser and water show at the promenade which is quiet entertaining. The eateries on the promenade are quiet good but on the expensive side which is expected given the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore