25,726 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showiconic hotelmarina bayhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylineroom keyfood court
Reviewed 21 May 2012

we mentioned when booking in it was our wedding anniversary and was given a free upgrade
.the hotel was beautiful, the infinity pool amazing , you can only use this if you are a resident of hotel
. the restaurant on floor 57 was spectacular.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank rubyshoesSurreyUk
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operation at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, rubyshoesSurreyUk! It is always a pleasure to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am delighted that our Front Office was able to offer you a room upgrade.

It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for more memorable celebrations.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here because it looked like such an amazing building and set to become a new icon of Singapore. My expectations were raised again when I walked into the lobby as it was really impressive but things went downhill as I hit the check in desk. It took 20 minutes to check in (I also looked at other people checking in and they all seemed to spend 15 minutes), that feels really long after 20 hours of travel.

The room was nothing more than basic. It would be good for a three star level hotel but dissapointing for a four star never mind a five star hotel. Very noisy also.

Breakfast was hugely overpriced and one of the worst hotel breakfasts I've had. The basic problem is that there are just way too many people for the staff to provide the service required of a five star hotel.

Overall this is the most disspointing hotel I've stayed in for years. Stay away and sve your money. You should go up to the roof bar Ku De Ta for a drink as the view is stunning but you don't need to stay in the hotel to do this...the cover charge of SGD$30 is worht avoiding having to stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room high up in Tower 1
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ken H
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Ken H, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to learn that your recent stay with us did not match your expectations.Service is a priority for us and service excellence is a continuous journey that each of our Team Members take on with pride and dedication.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve our check-in process, particularly during peak periods and weekends. We have implemented initiatives such as adding counters for check-in in various areas of the lobby and reviewing the systems for improvement.

Please be assured that we will continue to review other ways to improve our guest experiences at Marina Bay Sands.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more successful visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We were excited to see this hotel and especially the pool, which we had seen in pictures. From the moment we arrived, it felt more like a 'disneyworld' attraction than a 5* hotel experience. This hotel is so large and houses so many tourists from all over the world that you feel like a number. The room was very large, and the floor to ceiling windows offer a spectacular view. However, there is no design in the room and very little furniture, so it is just a large empty room. The furniture is already worn, even though this is a relatively new hotel. The bathroom is nice and large with a large walk-in shower, but come on - where are the hooks? Where am I supposed to hang my towel and wet bathing suit?

The pool is spectacular and perhaps? worth the price of the stay, since the public observation deck does not include the pool area. However, if I go back to Singapore, I will not stay here. There are much nicer hotels (Mandarine Oriental or Fullerton) that are actually cheaper, though they don't offer that crazy pool suspended in the sky. I was honestly shocked to see that MBS is a 5* hotel, because this is in no way a 5* hotel experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kkosse

Thank you for your review, kkosse. I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was not a complete success.

Marina Bay Sands is indeed a bustling hive of activity that is energetic and lively. Whilst we are delighted by the enthusiasm shown by our guests, I regret to learn that it had affected your experience with us.

Please be assured that we will address your comments on the room furniture and bathroom amenities with the respective departments. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our service quality to provide our guests with a warm and comfortable stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you and your partner will visit us again for more dining, shopping and entertainment experiences.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was my first visit to Singapore, and the stay at Marina Bay Sands made it more special! With an MRT station that drops you right at the hotel, it made getting around Singapore a cinch. This is a self-contained hotel complex, with literally everything you could possibly want. You don't have to leave the complex (although you will want to explore this fabulous city!) As most all people review, the view and infinity pool on the 57th floor is spectacular -- you have to see it to really appreciate it! The hotel has ample staffing and everyone was so pleasant (even at 3:00am when I checked in!) Everyone went out of their way to help! The shopping was outrageous -- every store you could possibly imagine. And, there were a good number of restaurants in the food court...from celebrity restaurants to their idea of fast food. The casino was huge...and it was packed! I only have one negative comment -- I ordered room service, and while they were prompt the food was subpar. How can you really mess up a club sandwich? Not worth the $42SG it cost. On the other hand, the breakfast was plentiful and delicious. But, overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you want a home base that is convenient to get anywhere in Singapore!

Room Tip: Request a room that overlooks the water -- mine faced the highway so not very scenic and very noisy (although the doors do a great job with soundproofing).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear darinsc, I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your first visit to Singapore.

Thank you for your kind words on the service standards of our Team Members from the Front Office Department. I am delighted to hear that they assisted to accommodate your needs during check-in to ensure that you had a warm and comfortable stay.

The opening of BayFront MRT on 14 January 2012 has been a great addition to the various transportation options to and from Marina Bay Sands.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the sandwich delivered to your room. I have shared your feedback with our relevant Department Head for review and attention.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Second staycation within a span of one year. Definitely an improvement compare to my stay last June. Gone are the long queues for check in. Noticed check in takes a longer time for groups of guests. Tip: Do not stand behind groups. Receptionists are much more friendly and accommodating despite the never ending guests at the reception. We arrived at 2pm and the receptionist that attended to us was very apologetic as the room we had reserved were not ready. We were offered a food voucher and ushered to the restaurant. The receptionist even walked to see us, despite my husband giving her our phone number,once the oom was ready at 3.30pm. We were also given a late check out without asking. Impressive! In other hotels we had stayed on weekends, we were simply told to return at a given time to collect our keys.

Breakfast at Rise was a breeze. No queues. There is even a separate food section at the end of the dining room. As usual, the pool was packed, considering this is the new icon of Singapore but gone are the hordes of outside visitors clicking their cameras away. Heard from the staff that the pastry chef from SweetSpot had left but the pastries are still as good.

During check out, the staff offered to check us out with an ipad, must be a first for local hotels. We opted to check out at the counter since my husband needed a copy of the bill. The staff that attended to us was fast as there was no queues. Even apologized for the room delay when we checked in and also offered us to use the pool, luggage assistance and reminder to vacate our safe box. All in all, a good stay and on par with our stay in another five star hotel recently.

This is a five star hotel, but do not expect the lobby to be cosy. It is always crowded considering this is a public attraction and Asian groups gathering for their tours. Take out the lobby and you get a five star experience even from the staff. We have made a reservation for our next coming stay with our elderly parents.

Room Tip: If you do not have excessive request, the receptionist will certainly give you a good room. Be nice. You may even be lucky to score an upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flowercandy575
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Flowercandy575, I am delighted that your recent stay with us was an improvement from your last visit. I am happy to hear that our Team Members from the Front Office Department assisted to ensure that you had a comfortable stay. Service is a top priority for us and it is our goal to consistently deliver superior service to our guests.

To speed up our check-in process, we have separate check-in counters for individual travelers, tour groups and VIP guests located at Tower 1, Tower 3 and a private lobby for these respective groups.

I value your patronage and I hope that you and your partner will be back to visit us in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.