“Perfect Singapore service”

Ranked #35 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfect Singapore service”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights to attend a convention. It is a huge hotel (3 towers), brand new. The rooms are good, clean. Service is perfect - personnel is always polite and smiling (you can even order a mini fridge for free). Rooftop infinity pool is impressive. Great restaurants and shopping around. The view from the rooms at the sea side is spectacular: ships waiting on their next assignments are illuminated at night. If you'r lucky you catch fireworks for some events. The crowds on the hotel can be overwhelming.

Room Tip: Choose "garden view" to get a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Daan636
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, Daan636.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and it is always encouraging to receive positive feedback on our efforts to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests.

We do indeed offer guests an additional mini-fridge upon request to store personal items during their stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,224)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Muara, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My friend and I wanted to visit the Sky Park on a Tuesday afternoon and we came from Bayfront MRT. When we came to Tower 3, we could not find the ticket counter so we approached your so call "help" counter next to your hotel check-in counter. The man behind the counter told us to go to your check-in counter (which was poorly labelled by the way). We waited 20 mins for our turn (you might want to speed up your check-ins too) and was told to go out of the building to the left. All these would not have happened if you labelled your places clearly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mtcy
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, mtcy.

I regret to learn about inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit to the Sands SkyPark. Please allow me to assure you that we will review your feedback on signage for the SkyPark ticketing counter to ensure that guests are able to find their way around easily.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting Marina Bay Sands again and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed 16 June 2012

First time to Singapore, first time to Marina Bay Sands.

Rather than make the review all about my stay, will also try and pass on few gold nuggets that will help people deciding on MBS to have a better stay.

I already have a bit of connoisseur in me which says if you can reach a higher tier by paying an extra 50 SGD a night then go for it.

So we booked in Grand Room with City view around the 499 SGD marker, tough call as Ocean Room get a small balcony on most counts, where City view is sheer 180 degree glass city views.

Turns out we made good as upon check we were 'upgraded' unknowingly at the time to an Orchid Suite on floor 52, which goes for around the 900 SGD marker.

City view was a top call, with a good view of the 9pm lightshow, and on the last day watching the air force jets do a fly over of MBS and the city, awesome is the word.

So what I would advise those looking to stay, go for at least a Grand Room as then you are guaranteed middle/upper treatment, and seems to match the stories of people who went for less who ended up with lower treatement as well as lower floor allocation, and that kinda sucks in hotel where its all about the view.

Kudos were:

*Free shuttle bus to and from airport

*Room upgrade to double the value of what was paid

*Service staff very friendly and personable

*Complimentary day/night access to level 57 (Sky Deck/Ke De Ta/Restaruant/Pool/etc)

Gripes were:

* I got a doble pre-authorisation which locked up precious funds during my stay of which im still waiting to get returned

*One medium load of washing/ironing cost just under 400SGD which is a rip off, next time will wash clothes in the bath tub ;)

*Billing system is confusing as hell, not in real time so be careful of your room service expenses, of which worked out to be in between $150-200 SGD per day with a breakfast/dinner here and there, calamari rings are the tastiest I have had anywhere so hook yourself up!

*Room keys either didnt work or were hard to read, have seen others have a go about this item, think they may need to re-work whoever implemented that system...

Make sure at the earliest convenience to sign yourself up for

So if your girlfriend gets an expensive hair do at the Shoppes, and all the accerssories which come with, you whack it on your card and get points for it.

Card also works in casino pokies though didnt get much from it, Casino has everything from 2 cent/5 cent pokies all the way up to high rollers tables, I was content with 5 in a row spin to cover our last shopping spree before heading home.

So overall stay was quite pleasant and central to the action, a quick walk across the highway bridge (Tower 3 exit) will see you at the Singapore Flyer and also the Lamborghini/Ferrari ride.
Which took us till the last day to discover, happy to pass this one on at no cost ;)

Room Tip: Don't go less than Grand room or youre better off staying elsewhere. This hotel is all about the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 2stylsh
Dear 2stylsh, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade and I truly appreciate your encouraging feedback on our friendly Team Members.

However, I do regret to learn about some of the challenges that you encountered during your stay with us. I would like to request for more information from you so that we are able to look into the status of your refund.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
bristol
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay here but there are a few things which didn't work so well.

The rooftop pool/ restaurant / bar area is great and worth a trip in itself. Views are incredible and easy to spend time there. Also the gym is on a high floor so has great views too.

The rooms were ok and a good size but nothing striking or particularly special about them. Think lots of pale cream and magnolia shades. I personally found them a bit bland and disappointing but others may like this decor.

The one thing that really, really let's the hotel down is the service- bearing in mind the rates they charge this should be top notch. I won't go on about this but the staff do not seem to have received any training in customer service, if they have they do their best not to show it.

To give 2 examples we had booked a club room which had separate dedicated checkin. On arrival we asked where this checkin area was and were told to join the main queue. After checking in we walked past the club checkin area which was further on down the hall, we pointed this out and were met with total indifference.

On checkout we went to the club checkout area where approx 10 people were waiting to checkout, served by 2 staff doing the checking out and one person floating around asking guests if they were ok. I asked if this member of staff could hop on a computer and help get rid of the queue and but told that was impossible and that I might like to use the main checkout area instead. I assumed they were being helpful rather than offhand so asked whether there was a shorter queue at the main checkin and was told that I should go and have a look to find out. The two areas are a fair walk apart so I did not want to do this with bags etc. I asked if they could just call across and find out but was told there was no way this could happen. Not the attitude you expect from a hotel claiming to be Singapores best.

There were other issues, room keys didn't work, bar service was slow, long wait for taxis. It is also worth mentioning that I have written to the hotel to raise thes issues but have not yet had a response.

Overall I would say that staying here is fine as long as you don't have too much need to interact with the staff. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Insist on a higher room to benefit from the great views. Also an upgrade to club room is well worth...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bristolstu
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, bristolstu.

I sincerely regret to learn about the challenges you encountered during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands, particularly upon check-in and check-out.

I would like to request for more information from you so that we are able to specifically look into the feedback you had provided us previously.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A great hotel with great staff and facilities. However interactive TV did not work for part of our stay and key cards act up and that is frustrating as one cannot access the lifts leave alone the room. Upgradation to RF technology should solve the problem. Having said that the overall experience was great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear amit g, I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for your compliments on our Team Members.

I have noted your feedback on the malfunction of the television and key cards and I will be sure to relay your comments to the relevant department for their review and appropriate action.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.