1,592 results
All reviews glass house battle box colonial building orchard road premium room bustling city high tech nespresso machine dhoby ghaut mrt beautiful hotel complimentary drinks clarke quay boutique hotel plaza singapura evening drinks hotel guests late check
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Perfect for us and wish we had been staying longer. Staff were so helpful and delightful, our room was clean and spacious, the bed comfortable, the position central but in gardens, the pool great for exercise, and breakfast varied and generous. Would love to stay again!

Stayed: August 2018
HFCManagement, Front Office Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Elenischoice,

Greetings from Hotel Fort Canning.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

As the only hotel in Singapore to be nestled amongst 18 hectares of lush national parkland in the heart of the city, flanked by the Orchard Road shopping belt, Clarke Quay entertainment hub and Civic District, many of our guests have enjoyed the tranquillity and convenience of our unique location.

We are delighted to learn that you were well taken care of during your stay with us, and will be sure to convey your generous compliments to our team members.

It has been a pleasure having you at our urban oasis and we look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Singapore for a tourist is intense, buzzy, busy and fun. The small sleepy fishing village and then the British colonial outpost that it started its life as is visible only in brief glimpses of an old ‘black and white’ house here, or an old man pushing a cart there. But what you mostly get is a modern, smart and efficient city of skyscrapers. Sort of like a Dubai but with a million trees. Walk down the ‘river’ from Marina Bay through Raffles Place and Clarke Quay to Robertson Quay and you pass a succession of restaurants and bars serving you every cuisine in the world. When its busy, which is almost always, it seems half the world is there enjoying themselves. And in the night Clarke Quay and its surrounds transform into a giant party place. Great if you want to go pubbing and dancing.

But a very short walk up from Clarke Quay, past the rather wonderful Sri Thendayyuttapanik Hindu temple with its ‘Gopuram’ gate and colourful Dieties, you come to Canning Hill. And perched on top in splendid isolation and surrounded by giant trees and green is the Hotel Fort Canning. The building it occupies used to be the Headquarters of the British Far East Command during WW2. It has been sensitively repaired and restored and is now a haven of quiet luxury with fantastic views out over the city and the surrounding park, two large swimming pools and a nice gym. It is a fantastic place to get back to after a busy day at work or play in the city. The only gripe I have is that the rooms which are modern and furnished beautifully have large plate glass walls but do NOT have windows that can be opened. Other than that, it is probably the best place to stay in Singapore. Not cheap - but I have stayed in many hotels in Singapore and find this much much better than any other hotel in Singapore at that price point

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KewWish,

Greetings from Hotel Fort Canning.

The hotel is nestled amongst 18 hectares of lush national parkland, situated in the heart of the city and a few minutes’ walk from major shopping areas, a number of cultural precincts and Clarke Quay, one of Singapore’s iconic entertainment precincts. This value-adds and enhances the unique hotel experience that we wish to provide to all our valued guests.

Thank you also for your kind words on the hotel décor. Much of this is owed to the award-winning DP Architects who styled the luxury boutique hotel to maintain the original colonial architecture and heritage.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, including the usage of our spacious gym and swimming pools which are purified using NASA technology.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This is a quaint but charming colonial hideaway in the heart of the city. I had the privilege of spending my partner’s birthday here, and the team at fort canning were wonderfully proactive and accommodating to all of our requests — with a cake and lighted candles as a surprise! (We also got a free upgrade to a premier king room too) This is also a definitely romantic place, especially with the open concept bath in the room. The breakfast was not too bad too - can recommend the live station’s eggs Benedict and pancakes that are made to order. The rooms furnishings are also pretty plush and the pillow menu was definitely good as well. Free drinks in the lobby were a nice touch too.

The staff were the true highlight here, always going the extra mile for their guests. Always courteous, they always managed to greet you with a smile as you passed them through the corridors.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris L,

Greetings from Hotel Fort Canning.

Our building was originally completed in 1926 as the British Far East Command Headquarters. Today, it has been styled by the award-winning DP Architects into a luxury boutique hotel that features the finest hospitality amenities while retaining its original colonial architecture and heritage. It was a pleasure delighting you with our rooms.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Last year, I brought my rarely widowed mum to Hfc for staycation cum 69th BD. Recently, when I asked if she was keen to come by the same place for staycation, she was overjoyed. She even remembered the wrong date (08 Aug instead of 09 Aug). I am totally thankful that since I stepped into Hfc in 2009, Hfc has never failed to Wow me. The reservations manager, Ms Maggie Chow, was prompt prompt to reply me for my various requests prior to the trip. I was blessed by The assistant front desk manager, Mr Kelson Yeo, who remembered my staycation back in Mar 2016 when I celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary with my hubby who was struck with sudden hearing loss after the raw fish saga in Nov 2015. I was granted not just an early check-in of 1pm, but Mr Kelson surprised me with a complimentary upgrade to premium room. At the check out the next day, we were delayed due to some last minute shopping nearby, and Mr Kelson also granted us with late check out @1pm. After settling the bill, another front desk colleague, Mr Vinash helped with our luggage into the Grab car. I also want to thank Mr Hidayath for his hospitality in showing me around the room despite me being a "frequent" Hfc guest.

My younger sis just shared that she wanted to consider having her coming wedding anniversary in Sep at Hfc!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear PrincessCathie,

Greetings from Hotel Fort Canning.

We are glad to learn that our team members were able to ensure your stay with us was one to remember. We’ll be sharing your compliments with each of them and your note of appreciation will go a long way in motivating them to scale new heights. We are honoured to have received many thumbs up from other guests in these areas, and an affirmation like yours will help keep us on our toes to do even better going forward.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Attentive and courteous service. Lovely location. Great pool water! The evening (6-7pm) free drinks in the lounge for guests is a nice touch. If your flight is later than checkout time, HFC will not only hold your luggage for you, but give you access to their facilities to shower/freshen-up before you fly out. Air-con was a bit noisier than I prefer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TanteTrish,

Greetings from Hotel Fort Canning.

We are indeed delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the usage of our swimming pools which are purified using NASA technology.

Thank you also for your kind compliments on our team members. We will be sure to share it with them.