“One of the best hostels I've stayed at.”
Review of River City Inn

River City Inn
New York
“One of the best hostels I've stayed at.”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

It's the little things that I really appreciated about River City Inn. The moment I walked through the door I was greeted very warmly by the staff. I liked their no shoes policy as it helps keep the place clean. I liked the personal power ports and light for each bed. I liked that the toilet and shower doors automatically lock when you close them. I loved the bidet spray. I liked that the bathrooms were kept impeccably clean. I liked that you get a locker with a key. These are all things I haven't encountered at other hostels. I had a very early flight the next morning and the staff called me a cab and even helped me find another hosteler to split it with. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Very flexible in terms of location and price,a very good experience.

• Stayed February 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very comfortable place, clean, friendly staff. The locations is very strategic,easy to find the hostel. The price is cheap, including the breakfast and free wifi 24 hours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank elsyaFhani
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 6 February 2012

It is hard to explain how positive my experience at River City Inn was. Very very clean (using air purifiers), great common area with large space to find new friends, full air conditioned, right in the city centre.

Location: 5 minutes walk from Chinatown and right by the riverside.
Price: normal price for a Singapore hostel, much cheaper than any hotel you could find in the city.

Downside: air conditioning was permanently on and for a non-Asian this means "Toooo cold at night".

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 February 2012

the direction to reach the hostel is very clear, hostel staff acted in a very well manner, room is tidy, toilet is clean, and make me happy cos as Indonesian people we use to have toilet with water, and tadaaaa.....River City Inn provide us with water toilet....:)...all is awesome, and for sure we will go back to singapore and stay in river city in....PS : I love your rain shower....hehehe

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends