“Recommended: Atmosphere, Location, People, Comfort”
Review of River City Inn

River City Inn
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I spent 10 days at River City Inn. Although I was irritated by the uni-sex showers and toilets at first, I discovered that they were very well maintained and cleaned daily. Staff is very friendly, breakfast (toast, butter, peanut butter, nutella, tea, coffee) is served until 12am, every bed as a little curtain which covers half your bedside and gives you some privacy (something I haven't found in any other hostel in Singapore).

There are lockers, which could technically easily be hacked, but because of the positive environment I was never afraid to leave all my stuff there. Besides, there's always staff at the reception just outside the rooms for 24h/d.

What else? There's a fridge, drinkable/clean water to refill your bottle, luggage storage at the reception, 24h entry with an electronic key, TV (with only one channel), radio, air conditioner, laundry service (with 8 S-Dollars cheaper than other hostels, which usually washed for 12 S-Dollars)...

Over all: I felt safe, comfortable, relaxed and enjoyed a high standard of cleanliness compared to many other hostels in town. I spent time in other Singaporean Hostels as well, but River City Inn is my Number 1 for my next stay in the city.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms don't have windows, mention this at booking if wished. Lower beds have shades...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Seychrisde

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Such a good hostel
The reception guy was so nice, we were impressed with his introduction about the hostel
The floor and bathroom were clean but the bed has some dust since I am alleged to dust I could notice from my body.

But overall it was good!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patlapa S
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Loved this place and would most definitely stay again. It was super clean and I liked the fact that the dorms had little curtains on the lower bunks so you could have a bit of privacy.

The kitchen facilities were good - you could get water/coffee/tea all day and there was appliances (although we didn't use them). Breakfast was basic but ok - just toast and bananas. This was ok for me but my boyfriend doesn't like bananas so had limited choice. Maybe some cereal would be a nice option.

Wifi didn't always work but I guess this was when so many people were trying to use it at once.

These small issues weren't a big deal but maybe worth mentioning.

Other than that I cannot complain. The location was fantastic, so close to China Town and the MRT.

For cat lovers, there is a fantastic cat cafe 5 minute walk away from the Inn which I would really recommend! (Neko No Niwa)

Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AverageGiraffe
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Perfect location and Kind people.The room is wide.Even though it's without window,but air in the room is clear and fresh.The housekeeper make me feel at ease and always give me a hand.:))) I really have a good memory when I stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for friendly and helpful staff, a central location to all attractions, a good nights sleep and free breakfast then this is the place for you. This hostel has a friendly atmosphere and is in walking distance to the main places to see. It's also very close to several MRT stations for the days when you want to venture out a bit further. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling alone or with friends.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo