“very good position”
Review of River City Inn

River City Inn
Reviewed 6 October 2016

clean place, helpfully personel, very good position in the city center; free wifi, confortable room but bed are not so long for very high peoples (I'm 186 and I was at limit), only one big shared bathroom and a basic breakfast in the morning.
well organized distribution of the space and u have to let the shoes outside in an apposite place. I have to say that the hostel is on the 3rd floor and the build is with no elevator so if u have a big baggage, it is not easy to arrive at the entrance.

Room Tip: very good position in the center of the city
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mmasmmmmm

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and we arrived early as we got an early flight and we were hoping to get to a bed for some rest before heading out to explore the city, however the staff made us feel slightly unwelcome and would not allow us to check in early, which we may of accepted if it was full...however to our surprise when we were finally allowed to check in there was only 2 out of 10 beds being used and this continued to the next day. Another issue was that we went to pack our bags for the next day to leave we brought our shoes in (you have to take your shoes off and leave them outside the hostel) and whilst holding them we were questioned several times why we were doing it, whilst replying that we were simply packing them. Very awkward. And the hostel setup does not allow you to easily mingle with other travellers, don't go here to meet people as you won't. Only plus is great location.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hwally10
rivercityinn, Manager at River City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that it is stated clearly in the terms and conditions of your booking that you may drop off your luggage after 7am on your check in day as an added complimentary service which we provide our guests. Should you need a bed to rest upon arrival, a booking for the previous night is required. Check in is from 2-11pm daily as check out is at 12 noon and we need time to clean the room and change the sheets.

It is also stated in the terms and conditions that ," To upkeep the cleanliness of the hostel, no footwear is allowed indoors (except in the toilets). Guest may wear socks if they are not comfortable barefooted." Our staff will provide guests with plastic bags to bag their shoes should they wish to bring their shoes to their dorm for hygiene purpose.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I spent 10 days at River City Inn. Although I was irritated by the uni-sex showers and toilets at first, I discovered that they were very well maintained and cleaned daily. Staff is very friendly, breakfast (toast, butter, peanut butter, nutella, tea, coffee) is served until 12am, every bed as a little curtain which covers half your bedside and gives you some privacy (something I haven't found in any other hostel in Singapore).

There are lockers, which could technically easily be hacked, but because of the positive environment I was never afraid to leave all my stuff there. Besides, there's always staff at the reception just outside the rooms for 24h/d.

What else? There's a fridge, drinkable/clean water to refill your bottle, luggage storage at the reception, 24h entry with an electronic key, TV (with only one channel), radio, air conditioner, laundry service (with 8 S-Dollars cheaper than other hostels, which usually washed for 12 S-Dollars)...

Over all: I felt safe, comfortable, relaxed and enjoyed a high standard of cleanliness compared to many other hostels in town. I spent time in other Singaporean Hostels as well, but River City Inn is my Number 1 for my next stay in the city.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms don't have windows, mention this at booking if wished. Lower beds have shades...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Seychrisde
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Such a good hostel
The reception guy was so nice, we were impressed with his introduction about the hostel
The floor and bathroom were clean but the bed has some dust since I am alleged to dust I could notice from my body.

But overall it was good!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patlapa S
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Loved this place and would most definitely stay again. It was super clean and I liked the fact that the dorms had little curtains on the lower bunks so you could have a bit of privacy.

The kitchen facilities were good - you could get water/coffee/tea all day and there was appliances (although we didn't use them). Breakfast was basic but ok - just toast and bananas. This was ok for me but my boyfriend doesn't like bananas so had limited choice. Maybe some cereal would be a nice option.

Wifi didn't always work but I guess this was when so many people were trying to use it at once.

These small issues weren't a big deal but maybe worth mentioning.

Other than that I cannot complain. The location was fantastic, so close to China Town and the MRT.

For cat lovers, there is a fantastic cat cafe 5 minute walk away from the Inn which I would really recommend! (Neko No Niwa)

Would stay here again.