5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibisUS$122
Hotels.comUS$122
Expedia.comUS$122
TravelocityUS$122
Trip.comUS$122
Destinia.comUS$136
1,601 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2022 via mobile

Location is ok for where I needed to be for a few days. It's very basic, so I would not stay longer. The is hardly any space and because of that, it is simply furnished... Almost spartan. TV was on the blink for some channels (bad reception?), towels came frayed sometimes, and there were streaks on the outside of the window (when did they last clean that?). One day, they missed cleaning the room and it was addressed when I pointed that out, so all good... But what system do they use, that this can actually miss cleaning a room?

Room tip: Conveniently located with supermarket, MRT, eating places nearby
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2022

Stayed 1 week here. A very nice experience. All is perfect. Cleaning lady was very helpful. She made our bed every day, although we're told cleaning was on alternate day. It's really nice touch, as we're busy the whole day, surprised by a nice and tidy bed at night.
I'd like to compliment to Jansen, the staff in restaurant. Drop several hundred bills on the floor, he return them to me. Very professional.
Definitely recommend this hotel

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ibis Singapore Novena , Owner at Ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2022

Dear Ch3n9,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel. We sincerely appreciate you nice comments and I am glad that Jansen as well as the team were able to leave a positive lasting impression.

It was certainly a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2022

I booked this SHN hotel for my helper whom we had to isolate due to to Covid. We did not have the sleeping arrangements to accommodate her at home as being my elderly mother's caregiver, she slept with her. The helper's room was occupied by our second helper who was also in isolation due to Covid.
Hence we had to find alternative arrangements urgently and we are so grateful to the Ibis Novena for taking our helper in.
The staff were super helpful with making sure our helper got her meals delivered up to her room. Someone from reception called in the check on her everyday to see if she was alright. I could not ask for more professional and sincere service.
Breakfast was varied and very generously proportioned!
We did have to pay a slight premium on the room on some nights - somehow during the isolation period, every mid-price ranged hotel was fully booked. There was one night the room rate was $400 plus when it normally is around $279. But it was important that our helper was not uncomfortable and we couldn't move her anyway since she was in isolation.
Thank you so much Ibis Novena for taking care of our helper, and for helping us out during a very challenging time. It's really much appreciated!

Tip: The hotel is well located in the Balestier area. There are plenty of food places to eat and Zhong Shan Mall is across the road. This helped reduce our Grab Express delivery costs because we could easily find food within a short distance from the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Daniel Lai, General Manager at Ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2022

Dear Lynette,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your maid’s experience. We understand that it’s not a pleasant experience to be isolated, so the least we could do was to ensure that she was comfortable. It was our pleasure to look after her during these testing times.

Reviewed 27 July 2022

Sadly, this hotel has had a huge change, all downwards.
The website promises all sorts of services that are no longer provided - a fact that would be illegal in most countries, perhaps even in Singapore. The major one for me is the shuttle bus to the MRT station. Advertised but no longer provided, and the management at the hotel are aware of this!!!! So, an 81 year old faces a 800 metre walk up a steep hill to the station. Impossible for me. I would never have booked this hotel if I had been aware. Other services have also vanished. What was a 3 star hotel offering 4 star service has become a two star dump with surly staff and a devil may care attitude. Rooms are still adequate, beds are comfortable, service is crap. Do not use this hotel unless you have a car or your business and interests are confined to Belestier. Overpriced second class budget??? hotel

Date of stay: July 2022
3  Thank ausielad2014
Ibis Singapore Novena , Owner at Ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2022

Dear ausielad2014,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your most recent stay at the hotel and please accept our apologies for the shortfalls. We would like to take this opportunity to also clarify a few points. You are correct that at this stage we do not have the shuttle service, however please this was never intentional. Unfortunately, we encountered a system glitch which trigger previous hotel descriptions stating this service was available. Other than this, all other services have been restored.
Please rest assured we will also look into your comments relating to the staff. This is surprising as normally we received positive feedback relating to this facet of the business. That being said, our biggest regret was the challenges you faced were not highlighted to me during your stay so that reasonable solutions could be found for the inconvenience cause.

I do hope that we have another opportunity to engage and please do feel free to reach our directly to the hotel to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

Nice buffet, nice atmosphere around the hotel. I went here with friends on vacation and stay here for 3 nights and have a great time here. The staff is friendly and helpful during our stay. We will come back after COVID-19 situation is better.

Date of stay: February 2020