“This is Fine Dining at a more affordable price”
Review of House On The Moon

Reserve a table
Ranked #2,146 of 14,282 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$6 - US$69
Neighbourhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Description: At House on the Moon, we want to show that dessert is not necessarily the last course of a meal. We aspire to demonstrate that a multi-courses meal can be curated using ingredients and techniques often associated only with desserts. Our creations are not confined to notions of “sweet” or “savoury”, “warm” or “cold” dishes; but rather to engage the full palate of tastes and a sensorial dining experience. We are offering two “Haute.Dessert.Dining” sets – The Eclipse, comprising of 5 courses, and the Full Moon, comprising of 7 courses – featuring House On The Moon’s conceptual creations that promise to delight and surprise.
Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place for dining and dessert, if you don't mind being in the centre of attraction of the whole mall. The chefs at work are disciples of pretty renown Chefs. The meal is a delight, with recommendations from the person preparing your food right before your eyes. We tried the beef cheek curry crab sauce cos it sounds pretty exotic and had the scallop with Laksa pasta. The pasta was really flavourful and the meat portion is generous. Though it doesn't look like much but after eating, it feels like just the right amount. The Chicken Anurri is a must order, so don't miss it. Can't leave this place without desserts and we ordered 2 different ones, both impressed. Topping off the meal with a glass of moscato, a truly satisfying meal. I would definitely say that this is one place I would like to come back to try the food again.

Date of visit: November 2020
3  Thank Jingpei
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 7 September 2020

I went here on the recommendation of a friend. I don't regret that food is great. The service is good anyway. Keep it up !

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 6 September 2020

We have been to Alma at Goodwood Park - where we loved the food, so we wanted to try House of the Moon since it was conceptualised by Juan Amardor, the chef behind Alma. We tried the signature Moon walk and the Black Forest. I must confess I prefer the original Black Forest cake to the deconstructed version. I much prefer it when the cream, the sponge cake and the cherries are easily eaten in one mouthful. I enjoyed the Moon Walk because of the creamy mix of milk and yoghurt. The pairing of tea with each dessert was well done. However, I would suggest trying their tart versions, which apparently are available only during the weekends. These are easier on the pocket and apparently similar in taste. You can then choose whether to have tea or coffee with these tarts.

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank pauyuen
Reviewed 12 July 2020

It is a nice petite dessert bar, set in a bar counter seating, best for 2 pax. Good pairing of tea with the well-designed desserts, with friendly service from the dessert chefs.

Although the dessert bar food experience probably would not compel me to return just for it, I would still recommend anyone to have a try with their desserts.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

It was a chance ‘stumble’ after dinner while walking around Great World looking for a dessert place. What attracted me was the concept of ‘hanging bird cage’ in the middle of the atrium. The bar was packed on a Friday night. We were shown to seats at the end of the counter ... comfortable enough and grateful for the seats. The service staff explained the dessert n tea pairing to us. I chose the Apple tart. Delicious and well plated with a slightly tart ice-cream. The story goes that this dessert was created accidentally by Stephanie Tatin in 1880s when she baked her apple tart upside down. This dessert goes very well with Ceylon tea Tart tatin paired. Such a lovely finish for the evening!

Date of visit: February 2020