“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Andre
Ranked #4 of 10,433 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant ANDRE is an eponymous 30 seats restaurant in Singapore recently ranked #38 World’s Best Restaurant by Restaurant Magazine as well as Best Restaurant in Singapore. Taiwanese - born Chef Andre Chiang developed a culinary principle based on how our capacity to taste food is influenced by our memory banks, including the personal experiences we acquire over time. Octaphilosophy – Unique, Texture, Memory, Pure, Terroir, Salt, South and Artisan represent the eight elements reflecting his roots in south of France. Chef Andre believes only on the freshest of seasonal produce and collaborates with the best artisans in the world. Crafting celebrated creations combining Mediterranean accents and French techniques, Chef André draw inspiration from the myriad selection of products he uses to design his menu every day.
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

The food and service is amazing... they serve a set menu and bookings are months in advance. Everything is well thought out, from the furniture (my table is sanded by hand regularly by Andre himself) to the service. The tables are well set apart on two floors. The food is imaginative - think chocolate + garlic served as 'dirt' with mini carrots 'growing' and a tiny rake! My fave. The tastes are well balanced too. The bill will be ... but it is the experience that makes it so special. On your return you get a different menu, no repeats! The restaurant is in a nice heritage building, right next to where Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew had his legal practice on returning from his law studies in England!

• Visited September 2016
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
California
“Wow! Excellent from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is hard to pick my favorite, but I have to admit I was a sucker for the garlic chocolate soil (you heard it right). They wanted to take my plate away since it's mostly for decoration though certainly edible, and I wanted to finish every little grain! Every dish was a masterpiece in style, appearance and certainly taste! Expensive, but oh so worth it if you enjoy fine dining!

• Visited August 2016
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Find Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went there to celebrate my birthday! Octaphilosophy was a culinary extravaganza from start to finish - where food meets art. A true sensory experience. Polite and knowledgable wait staff. Meeting Andre and his lovely wife was icing on the cake!

• Visited February 2017
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best restaurant ever ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant for the most special experience in our honeymoon, somehow we missed the reservation and they kindly managed to have us the next day. We were lucky because we had dinner in the chef atelier and we definitively were really surprised by the food and they way it is presented and served we have not seen anything like that before and we had the best dinning experience in our honeymoon, we recommend it a 100%, thanks for everything!

Visited March 2017
“Nice food and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I finally have the chance to try this Michelin Two Star restaurant, we have chosen the 5 course meal with wine pairing. The sommelier gave us a blind taste on the wines which come from France, a chance to test on my French wine knowledge after having completed French Wine Scholar. I am impressed with the Wine Book which kept me busy reading for awhile, it looks so old and rustic, felt like I have gone back to the old times working on viticulture! The food and service here are impeccable, before we went upstairs to the dining room, we were bid by their chefs and also chef Andre himself towards the end of the meal. The wines here are mostly from Southern France and matched well with the food, and we had a glass of fermented rice drink made of white, red and black rice which was served in an '11' bottle. I am actually not fond of pigeon and its organs, but I must say this is really fine and tender. We had most of the wine guesses correct except the last pairing with one of the desserts as we never thought the sommelier would match Riesling from Alsace with our desserts. We were completely satisfied and fulfilled after 2 hours of lunch!

Visited March 2017