“Plastic Nightmare”
Review of Mustafa Centre

Mustafa Centre
Ranked #111 of 894 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: "Rarely seen without a bustling crowd of customers, Mustafa Centre is set in the Little India district. A cult favourite in the Singaporean shopping scene, it’s the best place to go if you’re after a bargain or enjoy shopping late into the twilight hours. Mustafa may not be as fancy as some of Singapore’s other malls, but it has a great range of items, and good prices to match. Here, you’ll get a bargain on just about everything, from clothes, perfume, souvenirs, electronics, makeup, confectionery and even food and groceries. "
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yes, it was full of everything you might need on a trip and much more! And it's apparently open round the clock.

But the security staff were a bit too aggressive. The second time I went there I was refused entry on the grounds of my having a small back pack on my shoulder, though this in fact was my shopping bag and contained my wallet. I was directed to a "desk" outside where I could see someone else having their backpack "secured" with ties before they were allowed entry. Rather then being subjected to the same, I left my companion outside with my bag. (I did try to tell the security guard about presumption of innocence.)

In addition, the worst thing was the MASSIVE use of thick white plastic bags by the cashiers for encasing customers' purchases. These were used in abundance, often being only partially filled before another one was started. Each was tied with a plastic tie as well. There seemed to be absolutely no awareness of the environmental impact and sheer wastefulness of this.

1  Thank Alison R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,573)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"watches"
in 135 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t think they could fit much more in the store! Narrow aisles and everything you can think of. However pricing doesn’t seem any cheaper. Personally don’t think the trip would be worth it if you were just coming to the area for shopping.

1  Thank ausnzaus
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it sell everything
open 24 hours
very huge and complete
you can here everytime you want when you need buy souvenir or gift
when i visit singapore, i usually here at midnight because I will visit other place or market during the day and I'll give up my bedtime to come here, it also not too crowded at midnight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

“if you can’t find it in mustafa, you can’t find it anywhere else”

always something to buy whenever I visit. security is pretty tight as they make sure your bags are fastened before you enter.

2  Thank joshua_seth_liew
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited mustafa center for some shopping and accidently came across this shop called stop 82 singapore. I should say at first i thought maybe some normal shop selling basic stuffs but when i went inside i was surprise to find a lot of good quality clothing and at very reasonable price.was a good experience surely will visit again.i bought a pair of jeans and a leather shoe i am using regularly quality is very good.

4  Thank Shadab K