New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Horrible stay! Fire drill went off twice in one night at 2am!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #34 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“Horrible stay! Fire drill went off twice in one night at 2am!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

I decided to stay at this hotel because at the time of booking it was a new hotel with good reviews #22 on tripadvisor. Since then it has obviously plunged in ratings and I am not surprised.

I stayed at many hotels and their standard of service is not what you will get if you paid elsewhere. No welcoming as you enter through the doors or hello. One thing that I did love about the hotel was the location! So close to a MRT stop. Food was not great at the hotel, buffet was roughly $45sgd and seriously not worth it! Not surprised when the restaurant was empty at dinner. Housekeeping was poor, some items had not been stocked up like toiletries.

The worst part of my stay would have to be when a fire evacuation drill went off in the entire hotel at 2am in the morning. There was extremely loud oriental music playing whilst instructions were being announced which in the end we could not hear because of the music. In instances like this everyone reacts to a drill and heads down the stairs, 22 levels! As we got down there everyone was confused as to what was happening. There was no protocol or instructions. I went to the desk to find out what was happening and they had advised it was a false alarm. I would have not known if I didn't go to the desk. The same thing happened later that night or morning which is frustrating if you need to get up early. I will not stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Sushii_90
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Front Office Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear Sushii_90,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

First and foremost, please allow us to sincerely apologize that your overall experience in our hotel did not meet your expectations.

We strive to provide a comfortable experience for all our guests and it is regrettable that this was not the case in this instance. Please be assured that we take a serious view of these service lapses and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that there will be no repeat occurrences. We seek your indulgence on this occasion.

We will also review our security procedures accordingly and ensure that clear instructions are passed on to our guests in the event of alarm. We apologize again that this caused you great inconvenience and uncertainty.

We would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in us and appreciate if you could contact us directly at the hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

my company book me a hotel in novena where i never heard of oasia hotel. had a stay of 4 nights and was greated by one of the bellman with stylish hair handsome young chap and was directed to the reception. Check in is quite slow and no smile from the reception. Next morning i was really late for my meeting but the funky mohawk bellman rendered his assistance to get me a taxi and he ran all the way out (like a man with a mission) and got me a taxi. the room is great but sound proofing is poor and was awaken @ 3am. my last two nights of my stay The concierge and mohawk Bellman serve me quite well to the place of interest in singapore and i had a very enjoyable tour. Overall no point paying for a good room but bad service but good service give a good stay along the way.

Room Tip: ask for high floor corner look's big to me.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank voncallen
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stay here for 2 nights and overall we like the room since it was new and clean, even though it's rather small. One thing that we didn't like is the housekeeping, they make up the room unprofessionally, they didn't change the towel, the working desk is still messy. The location is quite nice since there is MRT that can help you go to Orchard Rd. Hopefully the management can train the housekeeping better.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ucartech,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback concerning your stay.

We apologize that our Housekeeping services did not meet your expectation. Please be assured that your observations have been noted in our efforts for continuous improvement and training.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stay at the Oasia for three days n everyday we felt more n more at home. Firstly the rooms were so clean and everything was new.WE stay in a superior room the amenities were sufficiently comfortable n we love the view with and using the motorize blinds n sheers was awesome .... The Staffs from the Doorman to the housekeeping were very nice. they were very kind in advicing us where to eat n what to see. Esp One person call Encik Shabeer( not sure correct spelling) who guided us every part of our way on MRT , Adviced us on Universal studio, food courts and help in walking all over to get a taxi for us.....REally a nice hardworking staff....the front desk were nice in allowing us to extend our time from 6 to 7pm and also allowed a early check in when we arrived .....1200pm...really a place i will go back to and help speaking about them to my friends.....Keep it up..n Thank you..Gunabalan Gopal.......

Room Tip: Corners room are nice n quiteer......
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
sunny philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was on a business trip for Singapore last Nov. 28 to Dec. 5 and my meetings were in Novena Tower so I decided to book here since it was just beside it.

Pros:
1.) Convenient location - MRT Novena station just a couple minutes of walk and Velocity Mall is just beside it.
2.) Room was nice and comfy
3.) the Bath room was great and the Hot Shower was an awesome stress reliever.

Cons:
1.) For the amount I'm paying, I expected a faster internet speed. The internet was just plain slow.
2.) They have a lot of guests and it gets packed in the restaurant between 7-9am. My problem is I have to call a waiter for them to clean up the tables left behind by the other guests. And after they clean, they don't even bother to ask if you'd like coffee or tea. You have to call them again. This was really awful. I mean Chinatown's food center cleans faster and more efficient than they do.
3.) For the price of over S$300net a night, it was just too expensive for what you're getting. Maybe if it was S$200 it might be a different story.

If this hotel could improve their service, internet speed and lower their prices a bit, I think they'd be a good deal. But for my stay, they scored low for me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ram_disu,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

We can certainly empathise with your concerns. Kindly be assured that we are reviewing our service standards and ensuring that proper training are accorded to our staff so that our guests can enjoy an impeccable dining experience.

We will also focus on increasing the speed of our broadband services through our service providers so that our guests will not be inconvenienced by the internet speed. We seek your indulgence in on this occasion.

We thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.