“A Unique Tea Experience”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #18 of 532 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Charlene was our tea workshop teacher, and she was fabulous! Her knowledge of tea was excellent and she entertained us with fun facts. The traditional tea service was a beautiful way to spend a Saturday morning with friends. We would certainly recommend this quaint shop to anyone visiting Singapore! Love my new white tea and special teacup - feel healthier already! Thanks Charlene for a lovely morning.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Took my Mum on a weeks holiday to Singapore. After a few days of hawkers markets, busy MRT,shopping and late nights.Yixing Xuan Teahouse provides a lovely change of pace, Charlene was the great, plenty of fun facts and tasty treats to be had.Its safe too say,I'll never add milk to my tea again.
Yixing Xuan Teahouse is definitely
a one amongst the zeros.
Thanks once again Charlene and regards to your father,Vincent.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

My friend and I had so much fun during the tea appreciation! Charlene was very friendly and a wonderful teacher as she covered the basics of tea with us. We tried white tea, green tea and oolong tea, were taught how to differentiate the various tea, and also how to brew a good cup of tea. Charlene answered a lot of questions and doubts we had regarding tea, and she was patient throughout (thank you :P). After awhile it didn't feel like we were having a tea workshop, but drinking tea with a new acquaintance. It was fantastic!

2  Thank soupbox
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Me and 3 of my colleagues attended the tea appreciation course. Honestly, I did not expect much as I could not see much fun in the tea. Well... I was terribly wrong.

Charlene is amazing and she really knows how to make people excited about tea. We had tons of questions which were all answered, had learned the entire process from tea growing, tea picking all the way into tea varieties and tea brewing. It completely changed my perception on how I view tea now (almost a tea snob)

The place is really cozy and as it is a family business it almost feels like you came for a visit (especially if you order food too - it is YUM!).

3  Thank Zala P
Reviewed 15 January 2016

My individual tea appreciation workshop lasted more than three hours as Charlene covered all the information she had about tea and answered all my questions. We communicated so well about our mutual love of our I left the shop with many products to add to my collection. Her knowledge of course is far superior to mine. This is the one year anniversary of my visit and it is still very clear in my mind and I often think about returning there. Hopefully I will soon.

6  Thank bettsy60_12
CharleneSingapore, Manager at Yixing Xuan Teahouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. It means so much to us. Please drop us an email if you ever have any questions and we would so love to see you again. We wish you and your family the best of health and every happiness.