“Wonderful experience”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #18 of 532 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Reviewed 20 August 2016

I went there with 2 friends. The guy there taught us everything from recognizing tea to how to drink it the chinese way. We then had our lunch served to us with free flow tea. The lunch is always 10$, very accessible and half of it is homemade and its delicious, and the tea lesson is 30$/person (if less than 5 people) which is very very expensive. But both were worth it, and we stayed there 2h30!
I will definitely go back for the food in this lovely place that I miss already!

1  Thank luciemouflette

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We visited this shop house following a suggestion of our book guide..we had 1 hour lesson and we were all very curiour about the content..which are the secrets of the tea? What could the lesson teach us on the tea?? Our book guide was so enthusiastic about this place that we decided to visit it..

We had a great experience! 1 hour lesson with tasting and explanations on the kind of teas and their properties..the personnel is really nice and there are different bags of tea (with different properties and price)that can be brought as a present at home to friends which are tea specialist! The price of the products is not low but the taste is different from industrial teas!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

I am a coffee and wine drinker but this workshop was still very interesting and fun. The teacher was very engaging, knowledgeable and made the workshop very interesting. I would definitely bring my family and friends over to see this workshop when they visit Singapore.

1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We are a group of participants from Singapore, USA and Canada. We have so much fun during the tea appreciation workshop. For me personally, I have learnt the right way to brew tea. This teahouse is a great place for gathering with your family and friends while enjoying the tea.

1  Thank Cass L
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Charlene was our tea workshop teacher, and she was fabulous! Her knowledge of tea was excellent and she entertained us with fun facts. The traditional tea service was a beautiful way to spend a Saturday morning with friends. We would certainly recommend this quaint shop to anyone visiting Singapore! Love my new white tea and special teacup - feel healthier already! Thanks Charlene for a lovely morning.