“Good beers and food”

Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Description: SQUE, part of the Emmanuel Stroobant Group of Restaurants, opened its first outlet SQUE Rotisserie & Alehouse at The Central in July 2011. Set beside the meandering Singapore River opposite the vibrant Clarke Quay, this highly popular restaurant has since firmly established itself as the ideal bistro for casual lunches and a laid-back place to unwind in the evening. With a growing number of integrated business hubs in Singapore, SQUE opened its second outlet SQUE Kitchen & Alehouse at Mapletree Business City in May 2016, where busy executives can enjoy quality yet value-for-money meals and the wide selection of draught beers that SQUE is famous for. The name SQUE (pronounced as skew) is derived from the word skewers, referring to its rotisserie concept. Specialising in global cuisine, diners can expect to complement their beverages with the scrumptious offerings of starters, snacks, burgers and sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, main courses, sharing platters and desserts at SQUE. With over 10 beers on tap, SQUE holds the unique distinction of the largest number of draught beers - to quench the thirst of our regulars!
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I have been going to SQUE consistently for about 2 years now. I love the 1 for 1 beers and reasonable prices, as well as the range of food. They have daily food specials with up to 20% off selected cuisines. Staff are friendly and service is reasonably good. I would recommend this place to anyone!

2  Thank manspins

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 9:30pm and sat outside watching the river and the people. Had a few beers and I headed off to the facilities to redeposit the beer prior to ordering dinner, which looked really good on the other diners tables. So I asked for directions and started on my hunt for relief, during my trek I stopped twice and verified I had understood the directions and yes I did. So over the meadow and thru the woods to the men's room we go. I finally made it to an unkept restroom , I mean have you ever been in the Central Bus Station in Detroit??? The bus station was cleaner than this place. So to say that I was aggravated was putting it mildly so I counted my paces back to my table . 125 yards, longer than a football field. We'd planed to eat and have a few more beers but what if the urinal wouldn't do or my wife had to go. So we departed and if anyone knows management at Sque please pass on from me just how monumentally stupid it is to have a restroom 125 yards from bar.

1  Thank davemC8505KR
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Good Location, Friendly Services, Good Happy Hours. Ground floor of The Central by the river at Clark Quay. Great for people watching, too.

2  Thank iamjohnny
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Went there to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Happened it was happy hours. We ordered Hoegarden beer. The deal was buy one get one free. I was not aware that it came out such a big mug. I was struggling with it as I was not a beer person. But it tasted smooth.

Quesadilla was acceptable. Roasted chicken was good, the meat was tendered and my girlfriend loved its skin. I strongly recommended that everyone must order this dish.

The seafood platter had various spread too, I love the fish fillets, no fishy smell at all. Tuna salad was good too except nacho's salsa topping was not enough. Can improve this area will be great. After all we had a good times there.

5  Thank AbbA1701
Reviewed 18 June 2016

Havign been to Sque many times before it genuinely became our 'local' we look forward every time we visit to come and spend time at Sque.
The staff is very friendly, helpful and welcoming and make you feel like 'coming home'.
It's also a great crowd who visits Sque, during the week the office crowed, in between o/seas visitors and some drop ins. This mix makes it interesting and exciting too.

Food wise, we love the pork knuckle, pizza and fries with ruffle mayo - yum

Date of visit: June 2016